Twenty-Eighth Chapter

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

T W E N T Y
E I G H T H

C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

AVA'S POV

I didn't wait a second in the office and hurried out. I couldn't face my boss again, but then I also had to. I need to convince him to look at the designs I prepared. That Caroline lady is really a serious trouble. I don't know how can Sir trust that shrewd lady.

Moving out, I gazed at the counter. I remembered Kourtney sitting there, working with so much passion. She was one good thing about this place after Britney and Sir fired her.

But why?

I really needed to know why would he fire her.

Was it because she forgot to bring food to me? If yes then that's really bad. That poor girl was fired because of me.

I can never accept this.

There's so much on my mind that I need to ask my boss. Ugh!

So much has happened. Since I've started to work more in this office, I couldn't do the things I was supposed to do or wanted to do. I haven't talked to Britney and it's been so many days and I haven't gone to the club.

I made sure the conference room was all ready. I went to the room with a large table with seats surrounding it. The room was perfectly fine. The projector and everything was fine. I sighed a breath of relief and moved out of room.

Before I reached the elevator... it opened. Ken was there. Seeing him after a long time, it felt great. He was once my boss and I really had fun with him. I smiled at him. But instead of smiling back his nervousness seemed to increase. Why was he nervous?

He didn't let me say anything and muttered without taking a single pause, "Where's Sir? He isn't attending my call. They're here."

"Calm down first. He's changing." I raised my hands.

I still regretted spilling that coffee. So much happened because of that damn coffee.

If you were so eager to sleep with me, you should've told me. I remembered his words and the devilish smirk on his face.

He's such a jerk.

Smirking Jerk!

"Changing? Why? They're here!"

"So what? Lead them to the conference room." I rolled my eyes.

"Ava!" He glared at me. "These people are so important. Sir should've been here to receive them. We can't lose this deal. It's very important for this company... you know that, right?"

"Okay, okay." I moved back to the office, but turned to look at Ken once again. "I'll still say you're making this a really big deal... more than this should be."

"GO!" His tension seemed to increase.

Ken and his passion for work.

I shook my head and came in his office.

When I came in I saw him standing and looking at something in the drawer with no expression on his face.

The grey suit I selected for him looked so graceful and perfect. But then he would've looked handsome in any suit. This isn't fair... making someone so perfect. I shook my head off of this thought and came up to him.

The moment I reached near him, he quickly closed the drawer. It seemed like he was hiding something. What could it be? I mean it got to be something secret, or why else he close the drawer like this.