Twenty-First Chapter

In your times of absence, I yearn for your presence,
In your times of presence, I yearn for your stay.
You seem to me as vital to existence
As the rising and setting of the sun each day.

-Nathan Hall

.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

T W E N T Y
F I R S T
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

AVA'S POV

"Now what will we do?" I looked at him nervously. 

"How would I know?" He frowned. 

"We can break it." I suggested enthusiastically.

"Are you mad?" He looked away and stroked his forehead.

We both were still near the door, thinking of all the possible ways to get out.

I pushed the door once again and said to him, "Hey, help me."

"Do you really think you can break this." He said irritated. 

I rolled my eyes. "Do you have a better plan?"

"Will you let me think or keep blabbing?" He glared at me.

I went mum. I then said after a while, "Think fast, sir."

He clenched his fist and annoyingly moved towards me. I stepped backwards involuntarily. "Why should I even think of a plan to get out anyway? You were the one who locked us inside. You should come up with a plan."  

"I just---"

"Stop, don't think. You don't have a mind."

I gasped.

"This all is happening because of you."

"And how is that?"

"Well, if you hadn't locked me inside in the first place--- this all wouldn't have happened."

He scowled and yelled, "Why would I lock you inside?" His coarse voice made me jump.

"Don't yell and don't lie."

He was getting more furious. I saw him taking a deep breath and calming himself down. He then said to me, "Look, Miss Williams, I am bloody locked inside my own office, it's already feel like a hell and you are not doing any good and making it a bigger and a more horrible hell."

"Well, I was just saying people shouldn't lie," I looked everywhere but him. "You know lying isn't good for health."

"So, you think I locked you inside?"

"Well, do you think I was stupid enough to sit here for two hours, doing nothing at all." I looked right at him in his eyes that were also fixed on me. "Of course, you locked me inside because let me tell you I tried everything but the doors didn't open."

"God, I can't believe I have such a dumb assistant." He groaned.

I moved my forefinger up to his face. He glared at it and on realizing I suddenly moved it back and hid my hand behind my back.

"Can't you see there's some problem with the software of these doors or maybe some hardware problem--- I'm not sure." He moved to the door of my office and pushed it. "See all doors are locked. They open from the outside, but not from the inside." I tried to maintain my eye contact with him, he really looked so experienced and attractive when he talked like this.

Nasty Impulse | ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara