Twenty-Third Chapter

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

T W E N T Y
T H I R D
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

AVA'S POV

My horrible ring tone started roaring in my room.

Why the hell I didn't put my phone on silent before sleeping?

With my eyes closed I picked up my phone, I tried my best to open my eyes but I was too much sleepy.

Without looking at the number of the caller I picked it up.

"Miss Williams, I want you to come here at my house now." I jerked open my eyes on hearing the firm tone of my boss.

Before I could say something, he cancelled the call.

What was that?

I tried to gather myself and then I realized that my boss, the stone-hearted smirking jerk, has called me at 5:00 in the morning to ask me to come at his house now.

His House?

NO! WHY?

I had no choice but to get up and get ready. I wore a casual dress – simple blue jeans with blue top. I told mom and dad and got out of house.

There was a car in front of my house.

A car was waiting for me.

Sir messaged me after the call that his driver will pick me up.

I got in and in no time I was outside his gigantic house.

Sometimes I wonder why someone need such a big house. Such a big house only for 3 people--- Sir, Christian and--- well, Sir's wife.

I wonder why I haven't met her yet. She never came to the office and I also never heard about her.

The only thing I could think of right now was 'why has he asked me to come so early?' It must be something really important.

I decided to bring the designs with me that I made last night. I needed to talk to Sir about the mistakes Caroline(the so-called trusted designer of Smith's Initiative) made. I hope he listens to me.

The car moving through a metallic gate braked in front of the door of his house.

It was my first time at his house and I have to say it was way more than I expected.

I got in.

The interior of the house was so modern and pleasing. I moved to the kitchen's counter because I noticed a note placed over there.

The note had written:
"Prepare breakfast and bring it to my room."

What? He called me just to make breakfast? And I'm not even a cook. I only can make pancakes and nothing else. He could've called Kourtney.

But now I have to prepare something for him.

As pancakes were the only thing I could make, I stood in the kitchen that was so clean and so elegant with almost everything.