Thirty-Sixth Chapter

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

T H I R T Y
S I X T H
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

AVA'S POV

FEW WEEKS LATER

"Please pick up my files from my room, I forgot to take them with me." I listened to Mr. Aaron through the receiver of my phone intently. He was about to go to a meeting and he didn't have the important files for them with him.

He's started asking me to go to his room. He's started saying 'please' to me. What's next?

I wonder what's gotten into him. If it's sympathy--- I don't want it. After dad's death he's been awfully nice to me. Where that rude, arrogant Sir had gone who didn't even let me call him by his name.

Well, I still don't use his name in front of him, but recently I accidently used his first name and he didn't say much to me--- just a furious look. I've built up the courage to call him by his name to myself.

All I want from him is to show me no sympathy.

He should stop treating me like this.

Since Kourtney left and due to so many changes I've seen a lot of Aaron's life and surroundings. We mostly go to the meetings together and even on holidays I go to his house and I've been doing a lot of his work-nonrelated chores. Mostly that include Christian.

Christian has grown quite fond of me.

I'm very fine with this all new work. 

Now I can indulge myself in this work and not think about other stuff--- I mean mourn over my dad's death.

I entered his room. It was maybe my fifth time going to his room. He didn't even like anyone going to his room, yet he allows me. 

I entered the huge room and moved to the walk-in closet. A row of branded attires and shoes, and almost everything was in that closet.

He told me that the file was in the cupboard of his closet.

I opened the cupboard and found the file.

As I picked up the file, a photo dropped to the floor. I stooped to pick it up.

Even though I had no curiosity, I looked at the photo.

There was a man and a woman--- they looked like a couple. I couldn't recognize any one of them.

As I turned the photo, there was these words written:
Love you, my sweetheart.

Why Mr. Aaron has this photo in his cupboard? My curiosity was aroused.

But then I shook my head, put the photo back and took the files with me.

I don't care whose photo it was and what was it doing in Mr. Aaron's closet.

Reaching the office, I gave files to Mr. Aaron.

Nasty Impulse | ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara