When you meet

You were walking home from cheer(just go with it) practice. You had recently moved to New York from the Grecian Island of Crete where you were born (again go with it). You knew just enough English to get by during school/ You were walking through the streets, holding onto your backpack. The weather here was so much different than what you were used too. You pulled your jacket tighter around yourself as you walked past an alley. You let out a yelp as you were suddenly pulled into the alley. Your backpack was ripped from your shoulders. You were pinned to the brick wall as a gang member covered your mouth and held a knife to your throat. Your eyes were wide in fear as two more gang members were rifling through your bag after shattering your phone on the ground.

"Hey there, sweet cheeks. Looks like we get to have a little fun tonight, boys," the one holding you said.

"Please. I just move here. Let me go!" you wailed before hearing a thump at the end of the alley.

"Let her go," a deep sexy voice said from the darkness.

The two gang members ran into the darkness and were immediately thrown out, unconscious. The third pulled you against him and held his knife to your throat.

"Come out, freak, or the girl dies," the dude said.

Next thing you know, you were dropped on the ground with the sounds of a fight coming from the shadows. You went to pick up your stuff and sniffed slightly when you picked up the pieces of your phone.

"Miss, are you ok?" the voice asked.

You looked over and saw sapphire blue eyes that about 1 3/4 meters off the ground. You put the last of your stuff in your bag and slung it over your shoulder before picking up the pieces of your phone and standing up.

"I am fine. My phone however," You said sadly in your heavily accented voice.

"I can have it fixed," the voice said.

"I want to know what you look like," you said quietly.

"That is not a good idea," the voice said shyly.

"You save my life. I want to thank you properly," You insisted , earning a sigh.

"You asked for it," the voice said before stepping out into the light,

Your eyes widen when you saw a giant turtle in front of you. The turtle appeared to be dressed as a ninja. He had a blue bandanna over his eyes that almost matched his eye color. The turtle's eyes seemed sad as he turned away.

"You're a ninja chelóna," you said quietly.

"A what?" the turtle asked, now turning to you.

"Sorry. I am learning English. I just move from Crete. My native tongue is Greek. Chelóna is Greek for turtle," you explain in broken English.

"You're not scared?" the turtle asked quietly as you shook your head.

"I'm (y/n). You are?" you ask with a smile.

"I'm Leonardo, but you can call me Leo," the turtle said.

"Well, Leo, can you follow me home"? you asked nervously.

"Of course," Leo said before taking the pieces of your phone from you and jumping to the rooftops.

You calmly walked home, fully relaxed knowing that you hand a turtle guardian as your protector. You got to your apartment and went to your room. You glanced up to the rooftops and saw a flash of blue and smiles softly before you got ready and went to bed.