your nightmares

You were running through the sewers to the lair. You had Leo on your back as you ran. He was bleeding badly and you couldn't make the bleeding stop. You ran into the lair desperately looking for help.

"Donnie!!" You wailed as tears began rolling down your face.

The others came out of their various places. Raph and Donnie took Leo from you, showing just how soaked in Leo's blood you were. Once Leo was in Donnie's lab with the smart turtle trying to save him, the others began questioning you.

"What the heck happened to my brother, (Y/n)?" Raph yelled.

"It was the Kraang and the Shredder. We were on our way back when they surrounded us. We fought with everything we had. I was knocked out and almost dragged off. I guess Leo saved me, but with a price," you said with a choked sob before April wrapped an arm around your shoulders.

"C'mon. Let's go get you out of those clothes," April said before you flipped her over your head.

"No. I'm not going anywhere until I know that my Leo Is gonna be ok," you snarled at her before Splinter placed a gentle hand on your shoulder.

"Peace, Miss (Y/n). I am sure Leonardo will be fine," Splinter said quietly.

"He had a Foot Bot's sword in his side up to the hilt, Sensei, and he still fought to protect me," you said before you turned and hugged Splinter and began crying as Donnie came out of the lab.

"Uh, (Y/n)? You might want to come be with Leo," Donnie said as he wiped a tear from his eye before you went into the lab.

You let out a sob as you saw Leo so heavily bandaged on Donnie's table. You went and carefully laid on the table beside him, not caring whether or not you got more of his blood on you. You gently started tracing patterns on his plastron.

"Hey, (Y/n)," Leo said quietly.

"Please don't die on me, Leo. I don't know what to do without you," You whispered sadly.

"Move on. Be happy. Find someone that can take you on actual dates and be the kind of man that you deserve," Leo said quietly.

"But I want to be with the turtle of my dreams," you whispered sadly.

"I love you, (y/n)," Leo whispered

"I love you too, Leonardo Hamato," You whispered before you kissed him passionately.

You and Leo shared a searing last kiss as tears rolled your cheeks. You broke the kiss when you felt Leo go limp. You gently grabbed the knife he kept hidden in his belt. You dragged the tiny blade across your wrists, not feeling emotion as you watched your own blood pour onto the table, pooling and mixing with Leo's blood. You then used the knife to slit your own throat before you fell to the table beside Leo, truly not wanting to live without your turtle. The last thing you saw was Donnie running towards you before everything went black.

You sat up with a blood-curdling scream and your eyes wide with fear. You looked around and saw that Leo was sitting up beside you, looking at you with concern on his face. You hugged him tightly as you began crying.

"You're okay!" You sobbed as he rubbed your back.

"It's ok. It was just a nightmare," Leo whispered in your ear before the others came bursting into the room.

"What happened?" Splintered asked.

"She had a nightmare. A bad one by the looks of it," Leo said as Splinter sat on the bed beside you and put a gentle hand on your shoulder.

"Come, my child. Let us talk of this nightmare in privacy," Splinter said before he led you out of the room.

You followed Splinter to his room and knelt before him with your head bowed. You wiped away the tears that still continued to fall.

"Tell me, (y/n), what did you see that frightened you so?" Splinter asked quietly.

"Leo and I were returning from a patrol when we were ambushed by the Foot and the Kraang. In the dream, I was knocked unconscious and Leo had to fight for both our lives. He defeated the army that had been sent after us, but was gravely injured. I carried him back to the lair. Donnie tried to save him, but it was useless. Leo died in my arms as we shared a final kiss. I was so overcome with grief and loneliness, that I killed myself to be with him," you said quietly, fresh tears rolling down your cheeks.

"How often do you have this dream?" Splinter asked.

"It's been increasing in frequency over the last 6 months. Now I have it just about every night," you whispered.

"Give me your hands and meditate with me," Splinter said as he offered you his hands.

You hesitantly took his hands and went through the painful dream once more during the night. You noticed that Splinter was always looking into the same direction during the dream. When the meditation ended, you found yourself coughing on the ground with Splinter holding a gentle hand on your back.

"What was that?" You asked.

"Someone is controlling your dreams. Someone with powers unlike any I have seen," Splinter said as he helped you stand up.

"You mean someone is sending me that dream? But why?" You asked.

"You come from a place that was once filled with magic and where that magic still resonates to this day. Perhaps someone is using this to there advantage to make you leave us," Splinter said.

"So I could have powers?" You asked, your eyes wide.

"Perhaps. Only time will tell what the future has in store for you," SPlinter said before the two of you rejoined the others.