when you wake up

.: Leo's POV:.

I was out on patrol with the guys to get some fresh air and to give Donnie some space. April was with us to try out the armor that Donnie had made her. Apparently, he used the lighter and stronger Kraang metal for the plating. It had been a week since (Y/n) had come home and she was still unconscious. Donnie had been keeping her sedated so she could heal better. He was back in his lab to watch (Y/n) and change her bandages since Splinter had ordered me to get some fresh air. I was near the Byerly Building with the others when my t-phone went off. I glanced at the screen and saw that it was Donnie before I answered.

"What's up, Don?" I asked.

"(Y/n) is starting to wake up. I was changing her bandages and she almost tore my shell off. Splinter's managed to calm her down, but she's begging for you and wants to know if you are ok," Donnie told me.

"Give the phone to her. We'll start heading back to the lair," I said as the others looked to me.

"Got it, Leo," Donnie said before I heard a bunch of noise on his end started coming over the line.

"What's going on, bro?" Mikey asked as we made all made our way to a nearby manhole.

"(Y/n)'s woken up while Donnie was changing her bandages and she almost ripped his shell off," I explained before I heard a faint roar on the Donnie's line.

"Léon? Eínai óti pragmatiká sas? Skéftika óti tha skototheí!" (Y/n) wailed over the phone as I smiled softly.

"Eímai plíros epoulotheí, agapité mou. Oi álloi kai egó eímaste sto drómo mas píso sto foliá. Enimeróste Don teleiósei allázontas epidésmous sas kai ton katharismó pligés sas kai tha eímai píso apó tin plevrá sas protoú na to xérete," I said reassuringly as the guys, April, and I climbed down into the sewers.

"Kalýtera na therapeftheí í tha klotsísei to kélyfos sas mólis páro aftó kolasménous petáxei makriá to pódi mou, moró mou," (Y/n) said quietly as pain filled her voice as I heard things being poured in the background.

"I know. We'll be there in less than ten minutes," I said.

"You better be. I'll see you then. Love you," (Y/n) said softly.

"Love you too, princess," I said before I hung up.

"How is she doing?" April asked as we kept up our run towards the lair.

We ran into the lair and I instantly ran towards (Y/n)'s room, almost running into Donnie.

"How is she?" I asked.

"Demanding that you be sent in there. She's not gonna be leaving the lair for at least two months," Donnie said softly.

I slipped into (Y/n)'s room and found her sitting on her bed surrounded by a bunch of yarn. I smirked softly at the sight.

"So cats really like to play with yarn?" I asked before I was hit in the face with a ball of blue yarn that matched my bandana.

"Shut up, Leo," She growled as she crossed her arms and pouted cutely. "I used to crochet back when I was human."

"I'm sorry this happened to you," I said as I sat beside her carefully.

"It isn't your fault, Leo. Fate works in mysterious ways. The way I see it, we are now more like each other," (Y/n) said with a faint smile.

"Want me to send April and Casey to get you anything to do? Donnie said that you'll be stuck here in the lair for several months," I said as I put a hand on her cast as her ear twitched.

"Get my laptop and pull up a word document," (Y/n) said as she pointed over to her desk where her laptop was sitting.

I went and got the device and she began slowly typing a list. She sat there typing for an hour before she sent the list to her T-Phone. She looked up various hobby stores around town and found several that were close to the lair. She called April into her room and had her make a copy of the list. When she was tired, I took the laptop and placed it on her desk and plugged it up. I started to leave until she whimpered softly. I took off my gear and dropped it on the floor by the door before I carefully climbed into the bed next to her. I pulled the sheets over us and we fell asleep in each other's arms for the first time in forever. (get that reference? I just couldn't resist)

(Leo? Is that really you? I thought I killed you!)

(I am fully healed, my dear. The others and I are on our way back to the lair. please let Don finish changing your bandages and cleaning your wounds and I'll be back by your side before you know it,)

(You better be healed or I'll kick your shell once I get this damned cast off my leg, babe)