Chapter One (Edited)

My name is Davina Winfield and I'm 18. I have chocolate brown hair, blue/gray eyes, and tan skin.

I've been an orphan since I was seven years old. My father was an abusive drunk. He would get drunk after work, come home, and beat my mom. He'd hit her over little things like his dinner not being salted enough or his coffee not being fixed right.

One night when I was five, I went to find my mom and I found her in their bathtub with her wrists cut open and blood everywhere. It was called a suicide leaving me with my father.

For the next two years he started beating me instead. When I was seven, I came home from school and found my father hanging from the shower curtain in the same bathroom where my mom died.

I ran to my neighbors and screamed and cried. The cops were called I ended up in an orphanage.

I was never put into a foster home and no one ever came to see me. So, for the past eleven years I have been in the same orphanage just waiting for the day when I can leave.

Right now we are driving down a dark road, surrounded by trees. We were woken up just shortly after we went to bed and were told that they had planned a surprise for us so we all got up and piled inside of a van. So we did as they said and now we are on our way along with three other vans filled with kids.

After a fairly long drive, we stopped when we reached a clearing. There was nothing but a small stage and a small building sitting in the middle.

We all piled out and gathered together.

"May I have your attention please?!" A man in a suit called out stepping up on the stage.

We all turned to face him and grew silent.

"Thank you. Now I bet your all wondering why you are here. How many of you know about the creatures of the night?"

No one raised their hands. For the next twenty minutes the man explained to us about how all the creatures we read about in books are real. Vampires, werewolves, witches, demons and so on.

We all laughed and called him crazy until the guy beside him shifted into this huge wolf. We were instantly terrified.

Here's what I've learned.

Vampires: Live for thousands of years. Some feed off of animals and others feed off of blood bags they get from blood banks. They live in groups called clans. They each have a soulmate. They can't turn into bats either.

Werewolves: They live in groups called packs which is lead by the strongest wolf amongst them called the Alpha. They can live for hundreds of years. They also have soulmates. Wolves, especially males, are protective and possessive over their mates. They will kill for them. Rogues are wolves that have no mpack. Rogues are evil and mean and will often steal women and kids from other packs.

Witches and Wizards: They are what you'd expect them to be. They cast spells and mix up potions. They mate with each other. Some live in groups but they mostly live alone.

Demons: Demons are the most feared creatures because they don't feel. They don't love or show any emotions except hatred and anger. They don't mate either so no one is really sure where they come from. They feed off chaos and strife.

Angels: It's no surprise that angels are the purest ones of all others. They can't lie or commit any sin of any kind.

Mermaids: They can live in water or on land. All they have to do is take a step on dry land and they get legs. To get back to mermaid from they must completely submerge their bodies in water. Some lure ships to rocks by singing which ends up killing all those aboard the ships.