Twenty one

(Thaddeus's POV)

"I'm sorry." Seb said for the millionth time.

I couldn't respond. I couldn't speak. I didn't feel anything besides anger, sorrow, rage, and the need for blood.

"Want us to take her home?" Adrianna asked.

"I'll take her." I spoke in a rough voice.

I carefully picked Davina up and started walking home. The whole way there, I stared at her face.

I couldn't stop staring at her as images of the life that we would have had flashed through my mind. I would never see her smile again. I would never hear her laugh. I would never see her hold our children. I would never see her play in the yard with them. I would never hear her sing them to sleep or read them a bedtime story.

I never wanted those things before I met her but now I want them more than anything.

When I got back to the house I placed Davina in our bed and then left the room. I went outside and gathered up my toughest and strongest men.

"I want you to go spread the word that I'm the ruler now. The Council is dead. I'm the one in control now. If anyone has a problem with it then tell them to come find me." I said and then they took off.

My wolf and demon were quiet for the first time in all of my existence. They were angry and sad but they were quiet. I didn't know if that was good or bad.

"Thaddeus?" Seb said quietly.

"What?"

"How are you doing?" Adrianna asked.

"Well my mate is dead so I'm terrible." I growled.

"Sorry." Adrianna apologized.

I sighed. "It's not your fault. It's mine. I promised to keep her safe and I failed."

"You didn't fail." Seb said.

"Yes, I did. She is dead. My mate is dead and there is nothing I can do about it."

"So what now?" Adrianna asked.

"Now, we bury my mate and then I figure out how the fuck I'm going to rule over thousands of supernatural beings who are terrified of me."

Seb placed a hand on my shoulder. "Everything will work out for the best."

"I hope you're right."

Adrianna and Seb went back into the house while I took off into the woods. I shifted and let my wolf have control. When I gave him control, I made myself go completely numb. I didn't want to feel the pain. I didn't want to feel the guilt. I didn't want to feel anything if it meant that Davina wasn't in my arms.

I lost count of how many animals my wolf killed. Some of them he ate and some he didn't. He was killing to release part of his anger. I also started to notice that if I brushed up against a tree then it instantly died. My demon's darkness was taking the light out of everything I touched and killing it. It was his way of releasing anger. His mate wasn't alive so he felt like nothing else should get the right to live and I didn't bother stopping him because I felt the same way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Seb's POV)

"I feel so bad for him." Adrianna said as we sat in my lab.

"Me to."

"I wish we could something for him."

"I do to but there is nothing we can do."

"I know but I remember how I felt when I lost you and my heart breaks for him."

"Yeah, I understand how he feels."

She sighed. "Well I'm going to bed. Good night and I love you."

"Love you the most." I winked as she went to the guest bedroom that we've now claimed.

I sat at my work bench and tried to think of someway to either bring Davina back of erase Thaddeus's mind so he'd forget about her.

Erasing someone's mind may seem like an easy thing to do but it isn't. You could removes to much or to little. You could accidentally erase their memory's of performing simples tasks. You could mess up in a lot of ways. I did it once before when I first made Thaddeus but I just wiped his whole memory. I didn't have to swerve around things. I just had to wipe it all clean. Bringing someone back from the dead is just as hard, maybe even harder.

I let out a deep sigh.

"I gotta do something." I said to myself.

I got up and went to my bookshelf where all my spell books sat. Most of them were covered in dust so I had to wipe off the spines to see which ones they were. The one I was looking for wasn't there.

"Damn it." I mumbled.

I walked over to the small closet and opened the door. I kneeled in the floor and just started tearing everything out of it. Twenty minutes later I found the book I had been looking for. It was in a box along with a bunch of herbs and other ingredients.

I took it all back to my table and opened the book. I flipped through all the pages until I found the one I needed.

"I hope this works. I did it once before. All it has to do is work one more time." I said as I threw in a mix of ingredients.

Two hours later, I had the spell that I needed. I just hoped and prayed that it would work and wouldn't backfire on me. It could go wrong and the results could be bad but I had to try. I just had to try one time.