Nineteen

Thaddeus glared at everyone in the room except me, Seb, and Adrianna.

"So we heard something interesting a little bit ago." The doctor said, still shaking slightly.

"What's that?" Thad asked. They had him tied to one of those tables that also stands up so he could see everyone and everything in the room.

I watched as he flexed the muscles in his arms, trying to break his restraints.

"Your demon loves her." The doc said. "That's ridiculous isn't it? How can a demon love someone? They were created to hate humans. They were created to not be able to feel any emotion except hatred so how is it that yours loves her?"

Thaddeus's eyes connected with mine. "People told her what I am. They told her I would snap and kill her. They told her that I couldn't love. Told her that I was made to cause destruction but she stayed. She looked my demon and wolf in the eyes and stayed. She saw me kill men yet she stayed. She looked them both in the eyes and she smiled. She fell in love with me when I couldn't love myself. I told her I couldn't love, I didn't know what love felt like but she stayed. She took my beasts by their hands and never let go. She showed the three of us what love is. For that, we love her. I will die for her and I will kill for her. No one matters more than her. She is my reason for living. She is the reason I get up every morning. I will remain by her side for all of eternity. If she dies then I'll go too. I can not bare to live another day without her in my life." He said as I started to cry. "We fell for her and then you took her. You. Took. Her. From. Us. We aren't too pleased about that. My demon doesn't fight for just me and the wolf anymore. He fights for her. My wolf doesn't fight for just me and the demon anymore. He fights for her. And you have really pissed them off."

"Looks like the don't fight hard enough." The Council members smirked. "At least now you get a front row seat to watch us carve up your mate."

The doctor walked back to me with a knife in hand. He spent the next ten minutes cutting me as deep as he could anywhere he could. Every time I cried out in pain Thaddeus responded with a growl. I could tell he was barely holding it together.

"Wanna see how well she does without a heart?" The doctor asked.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Seb said.

"Why's that?"

"About a week or two ago, I mixed up a couple of potions for Thaddeus in case something like this happened and now he has every single one of them coursing throughout his body."

"What potions?" The Council asked.

"Potions that cause him to lose all control. Potions that let the demon and wolf fully take over."

"He seems fine to me." The doctor said looking at Thad.

"Thaddeus, how's it going?" Seb asked.

"Clawing at the seams to get loose." He responded before looking at the Doctor and Council. "You think I didn't know about the man behind me? You think your weak little serum really knocked me out? I let you chain and lock me up."

"Why would you do that?"

"Thanks to the potions, I'm barely keeping them at bay but we had a chat before I came in here. They let me have control on one condition."

"What's the condition?"

"I let you lock me up."

"Why would they want locked up?"

Thad smirked. "The longer they're locked up, the more pissed they become." He said before snapping his restraints.

He bent the bars on the cell and stepped out while everyone watched in horror. Then the doors butsed open, the shadows from before came in, and I could hear dogs growling but couldn't see them.

"Bout time you showed up." Thad said to one of the shadows.

"Hellhounds are a lot harder to control than you think." It replied.

The dogs I heard were hellhounds. That's why I couldn't see them.

Each council member took that chance to take off out the open doors.

"Go corner them." Thad ordered and the shadows plus hellhounds took off behind the Council.

Thad rushed over to me and ripped my restraints off. He helped me sit up as Seb started to walk over with a couple syringes in his hands. He got halfway to us when the doctor jumped on him and caused all the syringes to drop and bust open.

Thaddeus easily grabbed the doctor and snapped his neck before turning back to me.

"What now Seb?" He asked.

"I don't know. We don't have the time to let her drink and I don't have anything." He said.

"What was in those?" I asked.

"My blood. They were to heal you but now we just need to get you out of here. I need you to stick by my side no matter what. Got it?"

I nodded.

We ran out of the room and all the way outside before we found where the Council standing with their army behind them.

"Surrender now and no harm will come to your mate." The wolf member said.

Thaddeus growled. "Harm has already come to her and now it will come to you." He said as the sky grew pitch black and the air got cold enough for frost to form.

"I'm sorry it had to come to this." The Council said.

"I'm not." Thad growled.

"Get them." The Council ordered.

Their royal army headed right for us. The wolves shifted, the witches and wizards started coming up with different spells, the demons' eyes turned black, and the vampires' fangs lengthened. I expected Thad to move or shift but he didn't.

I glanced out of the corner of my eye to see shadows coming up behind us and I heard the same growling from earlier behind us as well.

I tightened my grip on Thad's arm. "Thad?" I spoke quietly.

He looked down at me and that's when I knew. I wasn't talking to Thad anymore. Thad had given up control.