Chapter Thirteen

I woke up with an ache between my legs and I was alone in bed. Like usual, I went in search for Thaddeus.

I was almost to the kitchen when Seb popped out of nowhere.

"Hey there." He said smiling.

"Hi."

"I have news for you. Come on." He said pulling me downstairs.

"About my blood?"

"Yes. I know why you aren't affected by his blood like the others and its mind blowing to me. I might add that I've been alive for a long time so not much blows my mind anymore but this certainly has." He said we walked down the steps. I was surprised to see Mina sitting down there as well.

"Let me hear it." I said excitedly.

"Well we know that the ones the Council is testing on is other supernaturals and human and we know that they keep dying. Their body gets overwhelmed with the demon and wolf part so they can't handle it. Mina has told me that they've tested on wolves and demons before and yet it still fails. So I have a hunch and I'd like to test it if you don't mind giving me your hand."

I gave him my right hand but didn't expect what happened next. He grabbed a knife and cut my palm open. I hissed in pain and jerked my hand back.

Seconds later Thaddeus came down the stairs and growled loud enough to shake the house when he saw my hand.

"What did you do?!" He yelled looking at Seb.

"Testing a theory." Seb explained calmly.

"By cutting my mate?!"

That's when I looked down at my hand and gasped.

"Thaddeus." I said quietly.

He turned around and dropped his eyes to my hand. His gaze softened at the sight.

"I was right." Seb smiled.

My hand had healed. It was as if nothing had ever happened to it.

"How is that possible Seb?" Thaddeus asked taking a hold of my hand.

"Your blood."

"What about it?"

"Well be-" Seb was cut off by a someone running down the steps.

"A-Another body w-was just found." The guy panted.

All four of us took off upstairs and outside. We followed the man to the body which laid on the boarder line.

It was a male werewolf and he was just like the other two. He had cuts everywhere and had the same symbol on his forehead.

"How do they keep getting our members!?!?" Thaddeus yelled. "Does no one know how to stay away from the boarder?!?"

"S-Sir, we think t-that there i-is a mole." The guy spoke up.

Thaddeus's eyes darkened with anger.

"A mole? Someone would betray me?!" He was getting angrier by the second so I placed my hand on his back which instantly calmed him. He took a deep breath before speaking. "As of right now, no one is trusted. Until I find out who it is, everyone is a suspect. Let everyone know."

The man bowed his head and walked away.

"May I have the body for testing?" Seb asked.

Thaddeus nodded.

I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tighter to him.

"Let's go inside." He said softly.

We got back inside the house and went to the kitchen. We both remained silent as Thaddeus fixed us both something to eat.

We ate in silence as well. After we finished eating he spoke.

"Davina, do you remember last night?"

I blushed. "I do."

"Do you remember what you said before you fell asleep?"

I thought about it for a minute before I remembered and I blushed even more.

"I remember." I said looking down at my hands.

"I.....I wish I could say the same to you." He said sounding sad and angry at himself. "I care about you more than anything and anyone. I don't know what love feels like though. No one has ever told me that they love me. I-I'm sorry."

I was a little hurt but I understood. I walked over and wrapped my arms around him.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I understand. I can wait."

He cupped my face in his hands and kissed me. It wasn't like all our other kisses. This one was slow, soft, and gentle.

Someone clearing their throat ruined the moment.

"I'm honestly thinking about killing everyone who keeps interrupting us." Thaddeus growled quietly.

"I'm okay with that."

He turned towards the doorway where Seb stood.

"Can you both come with me please?"

We followed him downstairs where he had the body laid out on a table.

"He didn't die from blood loss." Seb said.

"What'd he die from?" I asked.

"Thaddeus's blood. They injected him with it. They're injecting it into the main bloodstream. Within minutes they're dead."

"How much blood do they have?" I asked. "They're going to run out eventually."

"Yes they are and when they do they'll come for you."

"Me? Why me?"

"They won't take Thaddeus because he'll fight them on it and win. If they take you then he will give up as much blood as they want. You're his weakness after all."

Thad growled. "They won't touch her."

"Thaddeus, you might not be able to stop them. Especially if they have an inside person."

"I can stop it if she is never alone."

"You can't be with me 24/7." I said.

"No, I can't. But when I'm not with you Seb or Mina can be."

"Thad, you do remember that Mina can't talk right? If someone tries to take Davina, she can't yell for help."

"Sebastian, just because she doesn't haven't a tongue doesn't mean she can't scream."

"You got me there."

We left Seb to work some more and went upstairs where I spent the rest of the day watching TV and Thaddeus went to his office.

It wasn't to long before I fell asleep on the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Thaddeus's POV)

I found Davina asleep on the couch and carried her up to the bedroom. I carefully peeled her pants and shirt off and placed the covers ovetop of her.

I watched her as she slept, my wolf begging me to climb into bed with her but I had things to do. I had to make sure that no one could take her from me and I had an idea.

I made my way down to see Seb. He was still up but looked like he could use some sleep. His dirty blonde hair was sticking up everywhere, his green eyes were wide but dull, and his clothes were covered in a mix of things.

"Seb, I have an idea."

"For what?"

"Keeping Davina safe."

"Okay."

"How much do you know about the shadow demons that helped us out a while back?" I asked causing his eyes to brighten.