Chapter Five (Edited)

Two hours passed before Dimitri came to get me again. Just like last time he took me to the same room and tied me to a chair. Five minutes passed by before I heard someone coming.

"So the number of rogue attacks has gone down?" One asked right outside the door.

"Yes. There has been an 60% decrease in rogue attacks in the past ten years."

"Interesting." A man said.

At that moment I heard someone run up before they could come inside started rambling about something.

"Slow down and start over." A woman said.

"Th.......The Beast is coming. Jen.........Jenkins told him where we are." The man panted.

"Triple the guards everywhere and kill the girl." A man said.

At that point I struggled to get free but the ropes cut into my skin. I kept struggling but nothing worked. A few seconds later man dressed in black walked in and he was holding a knife.

"I'm sorry about this." He said pulling my hair back and placing the knife against my neck.

I tried one more time and this time my right hand broke free. I reached up, grabbed the hand holding the knife, and threw my head back hitting him in the nose. He dropped the knife in my lap and stumbled back, grabbing his nose in the process. I cut my other hand free and went to cut feet free but he grabbed and jerked my hand causing me to cut myself.

I head butted him again, cut my feet free, got up, and ran out the door. I looked both ways before deciding to run down the right hallway.

I ran down hall after hall until I ran into someone. It was a woman whose face was covered in scars.

"Please help me." I cried.

She took my hand and hit the wall in a certain place which made part of the wall slide away.

She took down the dark, hidden path until we reached a room that had small TVs all over the back wall, a small bed, kitchen, living area, and a bathroom.

"You live here?" I asked.

She nodded.

"Can you speak?"

She shook her head and opened her mouth and I gasped at the sight. Her tongue was missing.

"The Council do this?"

She nodded.

"I'm so sorry."

She bandaged up my hand where I cut myself and gave my some water to drink.

"Thanks."

She smiled in response.

"Why did they do that to you?" I asked.

She grabbed a pen and a notepad and started writing. Few minutes later she handed it to me and I read it.

Forty years ago she was bought at the auction where I was supposed to be sold at meaning she's human. A vampire bought her and delivered her to the Council as a gift. From that day on they used her as a slave and a servant. They cut her tongue out so she could tell anyone what she heard during their meetings. They were told that she couldn't write or read but she can so she started keeping journals of everything that Council said and everything she witnessed. She still has a room in the basement but she also has this room where she keeps her journals.

"I'm so sorry." I said.

She smiled softly at me.

I looked at the TV screens to see that they were surveillance cameras. I saw the Council in one room, two guards posted at every entrance, and saw the room where I had just escaped from.

Ten minutes passed before I saw the doors of the room I was just bust open and a very angry looking Thaddeus walked in. He saw my blood and his eyes grew a dangerous shade of red and black mixed.

The lady got a panicked look on her face and I could tell she was scared.

"He won't hurt you." I said and she looked at me confused.

"I'm his mate and you helped me so he won't hurt you." I assured her.

She grabbed the notepad and pen and began writing again. She handed it to me and I read it.

The Council experimented on him long ago.
I was there and I saw it all. After he escaped they still had some of his blood and ever since then they've been injecting it into humans. They get the humans from the auctions every year and they keep trying to make another one of him. It won't work though. The humans just get really really sick and die. They keep talking about if they can just make another one of him and then take their blood then they can make an army of him.

"What are they gonna do with an army?"

She took the notepad from me and wrote four words.

Declare war on humans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Thaddeus's POV)

My fangs lengthened, my claws came out, and I felt my eyes shift colors. Seb and I went room from room looking for her. I tried to sniff her out but all I could smell was her blood and the hundreds of scents of everyone else.

 We found the Council before her.

"Beast. It's so good to see you." Annalise, the wolf council member, said smiling.

"Where is she?" I growled.

"Where is who?"

"You know who." I growled.

"Not really."

I started walking towards them and I was a couple feet away when about thirty guards flooded the room.

The had their guns out and had them aimed at my head.

"It doesn't matter what we did with her." Decimus, the male vampire council member, said. "You're incapable of loving her so what's the point of having her?"

That got me but then I remembered something Seb told me a day or two ago which made me grin wickedly.

"You think I don't know that?" I asked. "I know everything about myself. I know things that you all don't know. I'll let in on a secret though."

"Let's hear it then." Decimus said.

"Everyone finds me lethal, deadly, scary, and terrifying. They find me that way because of what I am and because the main part of me is demon. That demon cares for no one but himself and me. He could happily kill every single living creature in the world and not care on bit. Now imagine what could happen if this demon actually learned to care for someone else. Someone like a certain brunette with blue eyes. Imagine what would happen if this brunette would just so happen to be the one you kidnapped."

"I imagine that he'd be pissed." Sebastian spoke up from behind me.

"Well I can tell you that he is beyond pissed." I said as I let my eyes turn to their blood red color.