Chapter Ten

He sunk his teeth into my neck right where his mark is. It hurt the last time but this time I felt nothing but pleasure. I dug my nails into his arms, hard enough to draw blood but he didn't seem to mind because he just bit down harder and pressed my back against the shower wall.

"Thaddeus," I moaned tilting my head to the side to give him better access.

He growled in response to my act of submission to his wolf. After about a minute or two he withdrew his teeth and licked my neck.

"Mine." He growled, his eyes glowing a bright mix of red and blue.

"Yours." I nodded suddenly feeling very tired.

The rest our shower was spent in silence as he washed me. I told him that I could wash myself but he just growled in response and continued washing me. When he got to my private area to wash me I might've moaned a little bit to which he responded with his eyes glowing. I could see that he was fighting the wolf and demon for control the entire time do we quickly got out.

I put on a pair of white panties and went to put on a bra but he threw it on the floor and gave me one of his black t-shirts. I didn't argue with him so I slipped it on and climbed into bed. All he did was put in black boxer briefs and climb into bed with me.

"Thaddeus?"

"Yes, my love?"

"How am I going to live forever like you?"

"The food that you've been eating lately has been spiked with my blood. Its not a lot, just enough to stop you from aging and to keep your organs working properly."

I scrunched my nose up in disgust. "That's kind of gross."

He chuckled. "I know but it is the only way to keep you with me without actually changing you in any way."

"So I won't become a vampire or anything?"

"No, you'll still be human, you just won't ever change your appearance. Think you can deal with that?"

"I can as long as we are together."

"We will be. I promise."

"Goodnight Thad." I said as my eyes got heavier and heavier.

"Goodnight my love." He said kissing my forehead before I fell fast asleep.

**************

I woke up alone in bed which made me a little sad. I made my way downstairs and went into the kitchen where I found Sebastian.

"Good morning Davina." He smiled.

"Good morning Seb."

"How are you this morning?" He asked looking at my neck.

That's when I remembered what had happened last night in the shower.

I blushed. "How bad is it Seb?"

"Not so bad. Just out of curiosity, how long did he bite you for?"

"A minute or two. Why?"

"I'm just curious. I like studying him and his behaviors."

"Do males usually mark their mates for that long more than once? Like after the female is first marked."

"Males mark their females again if some other male touches her, he almost loses her, or in the middle of completing the mating. As for how long, no. Males usually take less than a minute to mark their mates because it could hurt them but with you two it is different."

"How so?"

"Demons don't mate so they don't mark females but Thaddeus has a wolf in him and a vampire who both are known to mark their mates. His demon more than likely got a sample of the sensation that occurred when he first marked you and has grown to like it. Last night was probably the demon more than it was the wolf, vampire, or man. That's why he did it for that long. His wolf probably made him stop or told him to after a while."

"That's why his eyes were bright red."

"Yes. It is safe to say that 80% of the time if his eyes are red then it is the demon."

"You have a lot of research on him don't you?"

He grinned. "I do."

"Can I see it sometime?"

"Of course." Seb said just as Thaddeus walked in.

"What are you seeing?" He asked looking between Seb and me.

"Nothing." Seb answered making him growl. "Oh hush."

That's when Thaddeus looked and saw that I was still in his shirt and just my panties.

"Seb, don't you have things to do?" He asked not looking away from me.

"I suppose so." He sighed. "It was nice talking to you Davina."

"You as well."

Once he left Thaddeus glared at me.

"Why are you wearing that in front of other men?" He growled pinning me to the kitchen island.

"I just rolled out of bed and I expected to find you here instead of him. Why weren't you there when I woke up?"

"You wish for me to be there when you wake up every morning?"

"Maybe not every morning but most of the time I do." I nodded.

"Then I shall be there when you wake." He promised leaning down to kiss me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me. His hands went underneath his shirt to cup my butt and lift me up so that my legs went around his waist. I could feel is raging erection pressed firmly against me which caused me to moan out and him to growl in response.

Unfortunately that's when someone walked in and cleared their throat. Thaddeus pulled away and growled at the intruder while I buried my face in his chest.

"S-Sorry to i-interupt but we need you o-out here." A blonde man said looking at the ground.

"Why?"

"Some of our members were just found dead at the boarder."

"How many?"

"Two but there is a note and something carved into the bodies."

"Okay." He sighed before looking at me. "Stay here. I will be back shortly."

"I wanna go to. Please?" I asked giving my sad puppy dog face.

"You stay by my side. Got it?"

"Yes."

We headed outside hand-in-hand. The blonde man led us to where a group of people had gathered. In the center was a man and a woman, both dead.

I saw a symbol carved into their foreheads and I immediately knew where it was from. The palace. The Council's palace.