Chapter Eight

(Thaddeus's POV)

"How did he know that it'd be Davina? How did he know that she'd be pure and kind?" I asked.

"My friend Kobe said that his dad gave a set of instructions before he died. He told him that at 7:46 p.m. on May 16, 1998 he was to go to the hospital in the city and cast a spell. He said that all he had to do was stand in the doorway of the hospital and whisper it and that the spell would find who it needed to go to."

I stayed silent for a couple minutes and tried to process the information.

"Seb, how is she gonna live forever like I do?"

"Each day you need to give her some of your blood. Mix it with her food or something. She won't know and it won't harm her. Since you've marked her and taken her blood, it'll work. Each day she takes your blood her cells will slowly begin to stop. She look like she does now for forever."

"She won't age and it won't change her?"

"No. Her heart will still beat."

"Thanks Seb."

"No thanks necessary."

I heard feet hit the floor upstairs and knew that Davina was up. I left Seb to his things and headed upstairs. I found Davina standing in the hallway rubbing her eyes.

"What are you doing up?" I asked.

"I woke up and you weren't there." She said.

"Can't sleep without me?"

"For some reason it kind if hurts when I'm not with you. Is that normal?"

"Yes. Once we complete the mating bond it will only get worse. Now let's get you back to bed."

I took her back into the room and closed the door. I laid on my back while she laid partially on top of me.

"Tell me about mates." She said.

"They're the most precious thing to males. The love for one mate by the other could almost be described as toxic or dangerous. The male would do and will do anything in his power to make sure she is safe, provided for, and loved."

"Did you know you had a mate?"

"No. Some said that I'd have two, some said I killed her, some said I didn't deserve one since I'm an abomination."

"I think you deserve love. You're not as bad as people say you are."

"To you I'm not."

"I think you're misunderstood."

I chuckled. "Go go sleep."

Within minutes she was fast asleep snuggled up against me. I didn't take long for me to also fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Davina's POV)

I woke up alone in bed and went in search of Thaddeus. Instead of him I found Seb.

"Hello Davina."

"Hi Seb. Where is Thaddeus?"

"He is out doing some pack-like things."

"Like what?"

"Like secret things." He whispered.

"I'm not allowed to know what he's doing am I?"

He laughed. "No but I can show you some of my secret things."

"Okay."

He took me down to the basement and showed me all his wizardy things.