Chapter Eleven

As we looked down at the two bodies laying on the ground, we heard the snap of a stick in the woods ahead of us. Thaddeus pushed me behind his body and searched for whoever made the noise.

"Show yourself!!" He yelled.

Seconds later a familiar elderly lady stepped out from behind a tree.

"Who are you?!?" Thaddeus yelled at her and I could see fear in her eyes.

"I know her." I spoke softly looking at the lady.

Everyone turned to look at me.

"How?" Thad asked.

"She helped me in the palace when I was taken. She can't speak. The Council cut her tongue out."

I stepped around Thaddeus and walked towards her.

"Hi."

She smiled.

"You didn't do this did you?"

She shook her head.

"The Council?"

She nodded.

"You escaped the palace?"

She nodded.

"Davina, come back over here." Thaddeus growled.

"Come on." I whispered to her, taking her hand in mine.

We went back up to the house and I got her something to drink and a notepad and a pen.

"The symbol on their bodies is from the palace." I told Thaddeus and Seb.

"The Council's symbol is something completely different than that." Seb said.

"It is the symbol of the Council's secret organization."

"How do you know this? What organization?" Thad asked.

The older lady, Mina, handed him a piece of paper. It was a drawing of the Council's symbol now and the one that was on the bodies.

"When Mina saved me she took me to her secret room where she writes everything down. She has stuff that she has collected from the many years she's been there. One item is an old book. The symbol on that book is the symbol on the bodies. I saw it." I said.

"What is the organization?" Seb asked.

I looked at Mina and she nodded so then I looked at Thaddeus.

"When they took you, they took your blood. They tested it but they kept a majority of it. The Council then formed an organization. It is an organization of people who are trying to recreate you. They want to make an army of you so that they can have unstoppable killing machines and kill the humans. They inject the humans they buy from the auction and supernatural beings who have given their life for the cause with your blood. They keep dying though." I explained, remembering what Mina told me.

"Their bodies can't handle the mixture of your blood." Sebastian said looking at Thad in amazement.

"It hasn't killed Davina though."

Seb's eyes brightened even more. "That is true. How come? She is human just like the others. What's so special about her? This is all very interesting."

Thaddeus looked at him before growling. "You are NOT running tests on her Sebastian."

Seb sighed. "It could help me figure this out Thaddeus."

Thad growled really loud. "You will not touch one hair on her head."

"I wasn't planning to, Silly Goose. I need her blood to study."

Thaddeus growled again. "No."

"You're so hateful." Seb sighed shaking his head at Thaddeus.

"There's something else." I spoke up.

I grabbed the paper Mina gave to Thaddeus and turned it on its side. The Council's official symbol is a mix of lines and other things and the initials R.P are visible but when you turn it a certain way I looks like a vampire, wolf, demon, and others killing a human.

"That's not a coincidence." Seb said.

"No, it's not."

"What do we do about?" I asked.

Seb and Thaddeus looked at each other.

"I do what I was made to do." Thaddeus said. "I destroy the Council and all that they stand for."

"And then?"

He shifted his eyes to meet mine.

"Then we rule together."

"Together." I nodded.

******************

Thaddeus gave Mina the spare room to stay in and then he went out to handle the bodies. I decided then to got downstairs and see what all Seb had. He showed me the journal which explained where Thaddeus is from and it was very interesting.

"I know Thaddeus said no but I want to help you figure this all out so you can have some of my blood." I said holding my arm out to him.

"You sure?"

"Yes."

He took three samples of my blood and put it in the fridge.

"I'll start on those as soon I can without Thaddeus knowing."

"Let me know what you find."

"Of course."

I sat in the chair against the wall and watched as Seb worked.

"Hey, Seb?" I asked a few minutes later.

"Yes?"

"How come you don't have a special lady in your life? Don't wizards and witches mate with each other?"

A look of sadness crossed over his face. "I met my mate about 100 years ago."

"What is her name?"

"Adrianna. I called her My Anna for short."

"Where is she?"

"Um.....the Council took her."

"Why?"

"They found out that I was helping Thaddeus and was on his side so they took her as punishment to me."

I gasped. "I'm so sorry. What did they do to her?"

"They first took her and just held her captive from me. Thaddeus blamed himself and still does but I did what I did because I saw something in him besides the beasts. My mate knew that and accepted it. She understood what could happen to us."

"Where is she now?"

"A couple weeks after they took her I got a package in the mail. Inside was her wedding ring and her left ring finger. I thought maybe they had cut off her finger and that she was still alive but then I found the pictures in the bottom of the box." He said as a tear slid down his cheek. "They were pictures of her laying on the ground in a pool of blood. Her eyes were wide open, her dark hair was matted with blood and dirt, and her body was covered in bruises and cuts. That's the last I heard of her from them. I've been in their presence a few times and I have asked about her but they just chuckle to themselves and move on."

I walked over and wrapped him up in a hug as tears rolled down my cheeks. "Thaddeus will take care of them Seb. Your mates death will not be in vain. I promise you."

Right then and there I made a vow. I may have just learned about everything supernatural and the Council but I have learned enough to comfortably say one thing. The Council's reign will end. It will end by Thaddeus's hand or claws and I will stand by his side every step of the way.