Twenty-Two

(Seb's POV)

Adrianna stormed up to me and yanked me away from the men that I was talking to.

"What did you do?" She hissed.

"What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about."

"I couldn't let it go on anymore. I had to do something."

She sighed. "Now what?"

"Now........now we wait."

The spell I preformed worked just how I wanted and needed it to but I decided that I had to do more. I'm the most powerful wizard that has ever existed. I did the spell that I made but then I went back and did a little more.

"Wait for what?"

"We wait for her."

Adrianna sighed again. "How long are we supposed to wait?"

"However long it takes."

"How do you know that I worked?"

I smiled at my beautiful mate. "Are you doubting my mad wizarding skills?"

She rolled her eyes. "I would never."

"Mhmm."

I wrapped my arms her waist and pulled her against me. "We have to be patient. It worked, I know it did."

"If you say so."

"I do. Anyway, how are you both feeling this morning?"

"I feel fine."

"And the little one?"

She placed her hand on her stomach. "He's fine as well."

"He?"

"Yes, it's a boy."

"How do you know?" I smirked.

"Because I do."

"Whatever. I bet you that it's a girl."

"So we're making a bet?"

"Yes and if I win, you have to change all the diapers for the first year by yourself."

"And if I win?"

"Then I'll change them for the first two years."

"Deal."

Being the most powerful wizard in the world give you certain advantages. One of them is getting to see what has yet to happen so I'm aware that the baby will be a health baby boy but she doesn't need to know that just yet.

"Sebastian." A voice said from behind me.

I turned to see Thaddeus walking up.

"Good morning." I smiled.

"Good morning." He said back. "Explain to me again how we won?"

"We won thanks to your planning and your execution of the plan."

"Right."

"And how am I to rule over thousands of supernatural beings by myself?"

"You won't be doing it alone. You have me and Adrianna."

"I agree." Adrianna said. "Besides, maybe you'll meet your mate soon."

He shook his head. "I don't have a mate. I'm a monster. Monsters don't deserve mates. Monsters don't deserve to be alive."

"The world doesn't always need a hero," I said and Thad gave me a confused look. "Sometimes the thing that the world needs the most is a monster."

"No one needs a monster."

"Sometimes the hero doesn't always make it on time but the monster is always around. Sometimes people prefer the monsters because they are always honest and don't sugarcoat anything."

Thad sighed. "I suppose."

"Don't worry about the mate thing. I'm positive that there is someone out there that was made for you." Adrianna said.

Thaddeus then left to talk to some of the warriors.

"I'm going to go lay down for a little bit." Adrianna said.

"Feeling okay?"

"Yeah, just tired."

She went back into the newly built castle that I took care of with a wave of my hand and I stayed outside.

You've probably figured out what I did. I erased his memory along with everyone else's. He doesn't remember meeting Davina. He doesn't remember falling in love with her. He doesn't remember what the Council did to her. He doesn't remember anything.

I didn't originally plan to do that but then I peeked inside of him. His demon and wolf were beginning to take over his human genes. He was becoming less and less human. I feared that by the time Davina would wake up that it'd be too late. I did what I saw was best for him and everyone else.

To him and everyone else, the Council kidnapped one of our own and told them secrets about what a plan they had. Our member escaped and made it back to tell us.

Thaddeus got angry and devised a plan to take the Council down. We planned and then attacked. A hour or two later, we won and Thaddeus was declared ruler.

That's what happened. In his mind that's what happened. In everyone else's mind that's what happened. Davina never existed.

The auction never happened. Davina getting kidnapped never happened. Her being able to calm his demon and wolf never happened.

It was the only way. I left one piece though. The ring Thad gave Davina. I have it in a box hidden away.

Everyone's memories of Davina had to go somewhere so I managed to put them all in the ring. I don't know what year, what month, what week, what day, or what hour but...

Davina will return.