Auction (Thad's POV)

"Why are we going to this stupid auction?" I asked my wolf as I walked through the forest.

Never in my thousand years of existence have I attended the auction. I had no reason to but I was sitting at home talking to Seb when my wolf told me that we needed to go. I said no and he threatened to take over so here I am.

"Because we need to." He said.

"And why is that?"

"I don't know."

I let out a sigh but kept walking. I arrived just in time to see it start. I stood at the very back of the crowd and leaned against a tree. I had begun to doze off when my wolf growled at me.

"Next is a beautiful brunette with grayish/blueish eyes." The auctioneer said as a girl in a white dress walked up.

She was breathtaking. Chocolate brown hair, gray/blue eyes, and tan skin. For some reason the sight of her made my wolf perk up. She scanned the crowd before her eyes found mine and then it was like I was frozen.

I watched as a breeze blew past her and towards me and that's when I smelled it. It smelled like chocolate and roses. It was intoxicating and it made my wolf go crazy.

"Mate! Must have mate!" My wolf yelled at the same time my demon did too. The sound of him yelling it had me making me straighten up.

"That's impossible."

"Mate!" They yelled again.

I was about to tell them that it was 100% impossible when I heard someone else yell.

"$30,000!"

"$30,000 going once.......going twice......so-" The man was cut off by an extremely loud growl that came from my wolf and I.

Everyone looked back at me so I stepped forward so that the moonlight made me visible.

"Excuse me sir. Did you want to bid?" The auctioneer asked me.

"Why would I bid on something when it's already mine?" I said.

"What?"

"She's mine." I growled.

"She can be if you just bid on her."

"Mate." My wolf growled.

"That's not possible." The man said pushing my mate behind him causing the my wolf to growl louder.

"You've just made him angry." I said, my eyes glowing red.

"Who? Your demon?"

"The demon was already angry but now you've made the wolf angry to."

The man in front of me grew pale, very pale.

"B-Beast?" He stuttered.

"Bingo."

Everyone gasped in shock and grew very very pale when they heard me.

"Move away from my mate before I lose what little self-control I have and snap your neck." I growled.

The auctioneer, who was now shaking, moved away from her very quickly. I then looked at her and held out my hand.

Seconds later, she reached down and placed her hand in mine and I helped her off the stage.

"T-The C-Council won't l-like this." The auctioneer said.

"I don't give a damn about them or what they like." I growled.

"T-They'll kill her." The man said.

"I will snap all of their necks if they so much as think about hurting her."

I then started walking into the forest all while never letting go of her hand. She followed me quietly, even though I knew she was confused.

After ten minutes of silence she broke.

"What's your name?"

"You know my name." I huffed.

"Your real name. I'm Davina."

I sighed. "Thaddeus. My name is Thaddeus."

"How old are you?"

"To old." I muttered.

"I'm 18. Where are you taking me?"

"Home."

That was the last thing said for a good while. We stopped a couple times to rest but other than that we kept walking. I had forgotten that she wasn't wearing any shoes so after her hurting herself for the hundredth time, I sighed, turned around, and scooped her up in the bridal position.

I felt her eyes scanning over my face but I did nothing. I kept on walking. Before too long, I saw her eyelids starting to get heavy and until she could no longer hold them open and she fell asleep in my arms.

"She smells wonderful." My demon said.

"I know. She is beautiful."

"She is."

"How do we have a mate?"

"Maybe Seb will know."

"Maybe."

The rest of the walk was spent with me listening to my wolf and demon talk about her and asking questions that we didn't have any answers to.

My hope was that my wolf wasn't wrong and that Seb knew what the fuck was going on.