Chapter Seventeen

(Thaddeus's POV)

I stormed into the government building and right past the security guards.

"Hey! Stop right there!" The guard yelled.

I kept walking.

"Stop or I will be forced to shoot!"

I kept walking.

The sound of his gun being fired had me stopping. I felt something hit my back three times. He shot me. Everyone started screaming and running. I shook it off and kept walking. I walked right into the man's office and interrupted his meeting.

"Can I help you?" He asked.

"You can tell me where the Council's palace is or I can tear you limb from limb." I said as my eyes started to glow. His eyes got as big as saucers.

"W-What?"

"They took my mate from me and I'm going to kill them so tell me where they are." I growled.

"I-I don't k-know."

"Bullshit. You had a meeting with them couple days ago. Tell me where they are and I'll tell you a secret."

"They are in the mountains about three hours East from here." Another man spoke up.

"There, now tell us what you know." The other said.

"They are using my blood to try and create super-soldiers so that they can wipe out the human race and take over."

"They wouldn't do that. We have an agreement."

"They don't care. All they care about it power."

With that I left.

I made it back to my territory and gathered all my men. I told them the location and told them that we'd be leaving the next morning.

"Why leave tomorrow morning? Why not now?" One man asked.

"I wasn't the only supernatural being in there. A wolf was in there spying for the Council."

"He's going to tell them that we are coming for them."

"Let them know."

"They said they'd kill her and Seb if we come for them."

"They are going to kill them anyway. The only way that they are going to make it out alive is if we go get them. So let them know that I'm coming for them, let them know that they all only have a short amount of time left on this earth."

That night I didn't sleep. I didn't lay in bed. I couldn't. It smelled like her. It smelled like MY mate. I paced back and forth in Seb's lab.

I was pacing back and forth when a shadow appeared in the corner.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"She took it off. They were going to give Seb your blood and kill him so she took it off." It said.

My blood boiled. "What?"

"Adrianna is alive and Davina decided that her and Seb have been apart for long enough. She wants to give them a chance."

"What are they doing to her?" I asked, preparing myself for the answer.

"Nothing yet but they will start shortly. They plan on giving her your blood to test the effects on her. They plan on slicing her open to try and find why she is your mate. The witch and wizard are preparing spells to try on her. She isn't supposed to make it through everything alive. They know you are coming for her. They don't expect anything less. They actually want to see how angry you will get. How pissed and chaotic you will become. They want to see if you snap and lose control and if your demon will kill her for them."

My demon and myself growled.

"I love her." My demon growled using his voice. "I will not hurt her."

"I know." I answered. "Where are the others?"

"Taking care of it?"

"Taking care of it?" I asked but he was already gone.

They want to see how pissed I get? Then they'll get it. Fuck waiting. I'm not waiting another second.

I walked over to Seb's locked cabinet and punched through the glass. I got out the full syringe with the cap on and stuck it in my pocket. I took the other filled syringes and shoved them in my pocket to. The ones for Davina went inside the pocket of my leather jacket. I grabbed the small bottles that were filled with different liquids and drank them all. I felt their affects hit me almost instantly and I thought back to Seb's explanations.

**Flashback**

I stood by and watched as Seb scurried around his lab.

"I'm serious Thaddeus. Do not touch these bottles unless it is a code red. Bad things will happen."

"Like what?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"They will cause you to tear shit up. I won't be able to stop you. No one will be able to stop you. You will be what the council already sees you as. A killing machine with no empathy, sympathy, or conscious. You will and you will kill for blood. For the first couple minutes, you will be able to control the demon and wolf but after that you are a lost cause. These syringes are for Davina if anything should happen to her and I'm not here. The other ones are not for you or her or me or anyone else in the pack. Enemies only. Got it?"

I nodded as he locked the cabinet.

"The one in the back is to help you not shred your clothes when you shift so that they will be there when you change back. Only use it when absolutely necessary."

**End Flashback**

I went to walk back upstairs when I spotted lab reports laying on the table as well as a small container of Davina's blood. I read the result and a small amount of worry was lifted from my shoulders but then it all came crashing back down. If the Council find out they will test and experiment on her even more. I WILL NOT let that happen. She's mine and only mine. They harm her, they harm me and automatically sign their death certificates themselves.

I walked upstairs and woke Mina up.

"I need you to come with me. We don't have much time." I said as I felt my control slipping.

Minutes later, Mina and myself were slipping off into the night to go and find my mate. After tomorrow, the Council will be no more. That is a promise.