Chapter Three (Edited)

"You must be Davina." A blonde said walking up to me.

"Um yeah." I said shutting the book I had been reading.

She smiled. "I'm Sephora."

"Nice to meet you."

"You to."

"May I ask what you are?"

"I'm a witch." She said sitting down beside me on the grass.

"How old are you?"

"367."

"Seriously?"

"Yep."

"You look twenty though."

"That's all thanks to the witch genes."

"That's cool."

"I guess." She shrugged. "So you're Thaddeus's mate huh?"

"Apparently so."

"He is very handsome." She said making me feel a little angry for some reason.

"Yeah, he is." I agreed.

"Sephora, are you coming?!" Another girl called from across the yard.

"Yeah!" She shouted back before getting up. "It was nice talking to you Davina."

"You to." I smiled as she ran off.

I spent the next three hours finishing the book I had started. Thaddeus's threat against anyone who came to close me must've worked because everyone except for Sephora stayed a good twenty feet away from me. I was getting some dirty looks though.

I've been here for three days and nothing is how I want it to be. The second day I was here Thaddeus was nice enough and let me go online shopping for clothes and anything else I wanted. Once I had everything picked out, he bought it and had it shipped overnight.
I sleep in his bed and he sleeps somewhere else. He makes me breakfast, lunch, and dinner and that's the only time I really see him.

Something inside me is constantly begging to be close to him. It begs for him at night when I sleep alone. It begs for him during the day when I start feeling lonely. I don't know what to do about it.

"Davina, lunch is ready." Thaddeus said from a couple feet away.

"You don't have to make it for me. I can do it myself." I said following him inside.

"I know." Was all he said.

He had made me a sandwich, some fruit, and got me a glass of water.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure."

"What do you do during the day?"

"Business things."

"Like what?"

"Things you need to not worry about." He said before walking off.

I finished my lunch and decided to go for a walk. I walked along a path that took me into the surrounding forest. I was about to turn around when I saw a puppy laying on the ground a few feet away. He was whimpering and crying like he had been hurt so I went to check on him.