Chapter Four (Edited)

I woke up on a cold concrete floor. I looked around to discover that I was in a cell.

"She's awake." Someone said.

I looked to see Dimitri standing in front of the cell.

"What am I doing here?" I asked.

"The Council wishes to speak to you." He said unlocking the door.

He walked over and tied my hands together before helping me stand up. He led me outside of the cell, down the small hallway, and up the stairs. At the top of the stairs he blindfolded me and then kept walking.

I could hear people walking past us and I could feel them staring at me. Couple minutes later I heard a door open and the a lot of voices.

"There she is." A woman said once Dimitri led me into the room.

He roughly sat me in a chair and tied to me to it before taking the blindfold off. In front of me sat about eleven people.

"What am I doing here?" I asked.

"We just wanna chat with you."

"About what?"

"The Beast."

"Why?"

"Well you see, your and his mating is forbidden. You're a human and he's......well he's himself. Crossbreeding is a big no-no in our world. We have no idea what the outcome could be. Your government has even forbidden it."

"But humans don't know about you all." I said.

"We know but it's a safety pro caution." A man said.

"What are you gonna do to me?"

"We are going to give you options. The first is that you can choose to die right here and right now. Option two is that you can move far far away and never look back."

"Why would I do either of those?"

"He's never going to love you." One woman spoke up. "He's can't. The demon is the one he listens to most and demons can't love."

"Not to mention the fact that his temper is uncontrollable and unpredictable. He could snap one day and kill you. You've heard that we captured long ago right?"

I nodded.

"Well we experimented on him. We tested to see what made him snap, what things made the demon mad, what things made the wolf mad, and what things made the vampire/man himself mad. 99% of the things we tried made them all angry. We tested to see what things could kill him because that was our first intention. We tried silver, wolfsbane, dead man's blood, burning him, cutting him, we tried anything and everything we could but non of it worked. His demon protected the wolf from the wolfsbane and the silver. The monsters inside him protected each other."

"Wouldn't tearing his heart out work?"

They all laughed at my question.

"We tried that but it wasn't beating in the first place. His heart is honestly like ice which backs up our point even more. He can't love you."

"He can learn." I said.

"That's very doubtful. Now, Dimitri is going to put you back in your cell so you can think of your options."

Dimitri blindfolded me again and took me back to my cell. I curled up on the crappy mattress and thought about everything.