Chapter Fourteen

Explicit content**

"Where are we going?" I asked Thaddeus as he pulled me through the house.

"I want to show you something."

"At five in the morning?" I groaned.

"Yes."

He pulled me outside and to the back of the house and then to the small shack like building attached to the house.

"We both are not going to fit in there."

"Yeah we will."

He pushed open the door and we both walked in. It was a very small space and we were squished against each other. He put his hand on a certain part of the back wall and another door opened.

"Lets go."

We walked down the set of steps all the way down to the bottom where there was a giant vault door like you see in big banks. He put in the passcode and opened the door.

I gasped at the sight. Inside was a giant variety of gems, jewelry, clothes, paintings, and other stuff.

"What is all this stuff?" I asked walking around.

"My collection. I have been on this Earth for a long time and have seen many things so I started collecting. Some of this stuff is from the old Victorian age."

"It is amazing but why show me?"

"It belongs to you now too. Plus I want you to wear this." He said picking up a small box.

He walked back over to me and opened it. Inside was a gorgeous ring with a bright red ruby in the center. The ruby was lined with small black diamonds as well.

"I can't."

"You can and you will. But first I need to have Seb do something to it for me."

"Oh okay."

"Come with me and I will have him do it now."

He locked the vault back up and we went to see Seb who was still asleep. Thaddeus got a bottle of cold water and dumped it on his head. He sat up instantly and glared at Thad.

"I'm going to start locking my door." Seb said. "It is very rude to wake people up with cold water."

"But you're not people. You are Seb." Thad said smirking.

"Touché." He said getting up. "What can I do for you?"

Thaddeus then handed him the ring.

"You want me too-"

"Yes." Thad said cutting him off.

"Got it. It will take a minute or two."

He took the ring over to his work table and put it in a dark liquid before murmuring the same sentence over and over again in a different language. The room darkened and I latched onto Thad's arm. The darkness seemed to collect and gather in the liquid with the ring before disappearing all together.

Seb took the ring out, washed it off, and then handed it back to Thad who then slipped it onto my finger.

"You must never take it off. Understand?" Thad asked and something in his eyes told me not to question him so I nodded. "Thank you Seb." He said looking back at Seb.

"You are welcome now get out so I can sleep."

"Sleep tight Seb." Thaddeus chuckled as we went back upstairs.

"What did Seb do to this ring?" I asked as Thaddeus made us breakfast.

"He charmed it."

"Charmed it? Why?"