Twenty

He turned his eyes back to the army of supernatural beings that charged right at us. He took a few steps away from me before shifting into his large black wolf. The black smoke-like stuff that surrounded him was worse than usual.

He growled loudly before taking off towards the army. In the first five seconds he took out about thirty men but there was still a lot left.

I looked to my right to see Adrianna and Seb casting spells to counteract with the other witches and wizards. I was so focused on them that I didn't see the two men come up behind me. One grabbed my arms and the other clamped his hand over my mouth so I couldn't scream.

They started dragging me backwards to the palace and I fought them as much as I could. When they finally got me inside, they locked the door and threw me to the floor where I then began to scream.

"Shut up." One growled slapping me. "You've been nothing but a pain in our asses since the Council found out about you."

I brought my hand up to my stinging cheek as tears rolled down my face.

"He will kill you." I said talking about Thaddeus.

They chuckled. "Not before we kill you."

I kicked the nearest one in the nuts before getting up and running away as fast I could. I heard them running behind me so I ran faster despite the pain. I turned down one hallway and ran into Mina. She grabbed my hand and pulled me into another secret hallway in the wall.

I followed her to her secret room just like the first time we met. She made me sit down on the bed and then began cleaning my wounds were the doctor cut me. I watched the TV screens behind her at everything going on outside. Thaddeus continued killing anyone who crossed his path and Seb and Adrianna were still casting spells. She cleaned me up the best she good and then sat beside me so we could watch together.

This won't end until everyone is dead will it? She wrote.

"No." I shook my head.

We will win.

"Of course we will." I promised.

There was no way we couldn't not win. Thad was stronger and more lethal than anyone the Council would put in front of him.

Mina grinned. He loves you.

I smiled. "And I love him."

We spent the next five minutes watching and then I went to look at one of her books. It was an old book filled with pictures and some kind of weird language.

"What is this?" I asked.

Book of wizardry.

"Is Seb in here?"

She nooded and flipped to a certain page and then pointed to a picture that looked nothing like Seb.

"That's not him." I said.

She looked at me confused. You don't know?'

"Know what?"

That Seb changed his appearance.

"Why would he do that?"

Because he was being hunted for creating a monster. For creating the Beast.

I tried to process what she just said. Seb is the one that made Thad? He said that his friend's dad is the one that created Thad.

I thought Mina's secret room was safe until the men that took me came through the door. They grabbed Mina and snapped her neck. I gasped in horror and started to cry as her lifeless body laid on the floor.

"Come one, bitch." One said grabbing a fistful of my hair and pulling me up.

They took me up to one of the bedrooms and out onto the balcony.

"Hey, Beast!" They yelled.

Thaddeus stopped and turned his big wolf head our way. When he saw me, his eyes got impossibly darker as well as the sky.

"Say goodbye to your mate." One said as he placed his hands on each side of my head.

I let out a scream as loud as I could right before he twisted his wrists and snapped my neck. Blackness surrounded me as well as the sound of a horrific growl that shook the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Thaddeus's POV)

I watched as the wolf snapped Davina's neck. Rage like I have never felt before flooded my body. The wolf then pushed her over the balcony but thankfully Seb caught her. He laid her on the ground and put up a barrier around them so no one could touch her or him.

"It's far from over, Beast." The Council said as everyone stopped where they were.

I growled loudly and shifted to human. "It isn't over until your blood covers the ground and my hands."

Going faster than I ever had before, I ran at each council member and ripped their hearts out one-by-one until each of them was dead. I didn't stop there though. I killed every single being that wore the Council's symbol. I ripped each of their hearts out but my demon wasn't satisfied.

When everyone laid dead, I ran to Davina and Seb.

"Seb?" I asked dropping to me knees.

He slowly shook his head as tears rolled down his cheeks. "I'm so sorry."

That's when I broke and for the first time in all of my existence, I cried.