Chapter Two (Edited)

Everyone gasped in shock and grew very very pale.

"Move away from my mate before I lose what little self control I have and snap your neck." The Beast growled.

The auctioneer, who was now shaking, moved away from me very quickly. The Beast then looked at me and held out his hand.

I don't know what possessed me to do what I did next. I reached down and placed my hand in his and he helped me off the stage.

"T-The C-Council won't l-like this." The auctioneer said.

"I don't give a damn about them or what they like." Beast growled.

"T-They'll kill her." The man said.

"I will snap all of their necks if they so much as think about hurting her."

The Beast then started walking into the forest all while never letting go of my hand. I followed him quietly, not knowing if I should say anything.

After ten minutes of silence I broke.

"What's your name?"

"You know my name."

"Your real name. I'm Davina."

He sighed. "Thaddeus. My name is Thaddeus."

"How old are you?"

"To f*cking old." He muttered.

"I'm 18. Where are you taking me?"

"Home."

That was the last thing said for a good while. We stopped a couple times to rest but other than that we kept walking. I wasn't wearing in shoes so sometimes I stepped on sharp sticks or rocks.

"Ouch." I said for the hundredth time.

Thaddeus sighed, turned around, and scooped me up in the bridal position. I took that time to study his face more closely.

I noticed that he had a scar above his left eyebrow and another one on his right cheek. Before too long, my eyelids started getting heavy and I could no longer hold them open and I fell asleep in Thaddeus's arms.

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in an extremely soft bed that smelled like Thaddeus. I looked around the room but didn't see him anywhere. The room was a decent size. The king bed sat in the middle against the back wall, a flat screen hung on the wall across from it, two nightstands, a dresser, connecting bathroom, balcony doors, and a walk-in closet.

I slowly got out the bed and opened the bedroom door. I didn't hear anything so I walked down the hall and then down the steps. The first room I found was the kitchen which had three people in it. There was a man with blonde hair, a girl with black hair and red highlights, and a man with red hair.

The blonde guy stuck his nose in the air and inhaled.

"Human." He growled making me take a step back.

"W-Where's Thaddeus?" I stuttered.

"He's out right now." The girl said.

"W-When will he b-be back?"

"Why the questions?" The blonde guy asked stepping closer to me.

He got within a couple feet of me before a loud growl emitted throughout the whole room. Seconds later a tall figure was in between me and the blonde.