Married To A Jerk: Forever & Always

Disclaimer: All belongs to SM blah, blah, blah…yada, yada, yada…..

Chapter 27

Bella Point of View

"Bella, what's wrong?" Lauren said slamming down on the brake.

I was reminded of those words again and didn't answer. Hurriedly, I opened the car door and jumped out.

"I can't take this anymore." I said, moving further away from the car and the phone that sat in the backseat. "Tell Tanya she's won the game. I don't care anymore." I wiped the tears that escaped my eyes. I heard car doors open and soon Alice sat in front of me, holding on to my arms.

"Bella, what happened? Who was that? What did they say?"

"T-Tanya, E-e-Edward. L-l-l..." I trailed off, not able to say the last word.

"Tanya, Edward? What? Finish the goddamn sentence!"  Alice yelled in my face. I didn't flinch at the volume of her voice. Alice sighed and brought her volume down.

"Bella, look at me." Alice said running a hand through her blonde locks. I looked at her with no emotion, tears still in my eyes.

"Whatever Tanya said is probably a lie. This is what she wants, for you to be in pain. Don't let her get to you." She sighed again. "Now, what did she say?"

Breaking out of my trance, I sighed and closed my eyes. "Tanya said Edward l-loved her, a-and I-I h-heard him s-say it too."

Alice's eyes filled with rage and she slapped the ground. She didn't say anything though, Lauren spoke. "That bitch! She would do anything wouldn't she?" She shouted angrily. She put her head in her hands and rubbed the worry lines. "She's...she's such a...ugh!" Then all of a sudden, Lauren grabbed my upper arm and spoke with anger rising in her voice. I flinched from her grip on my bicep. "Listen to me, Edward loves you. We all know he does. You can't fall into her trap." She sighed, letting some anger out that way then looked at me with her blue eyes. "Bella, if he was here right now. He would tell you to stay strong and he loves you and only you! Here," she handed me her phone, "Call him up, and ask him where he is. If he really doesn't care for you he would say he's with Tanya. But, if he isn't then Tanya was lying." She pushed the small phone into my hands. I didn't make a move to take it from her.  She groaned loudly and pushed it closer. "Come on, call him. Get your proof." I was going to protest but, she was already dialing his number when I looked up from my hands.

I close my eyes tiredly. "Lauren, we're not meant to be together. We just aren't. Lauren, please." I pleaded.

She shook her head. "Bella, we've got this far in our plan. We can't just let some stupid lie destroy It."

"What if it was the truth? It would be a waste to continue on with this plan." I sighed. "Lauren, we're not far from the wedding. I'm going to sign the real divorce papers tomorrow. I'm going to divorce him. I'm going to let them marry. I don't care if I'm lying to myself, I just want him to be happy and if he's happy with Tanya then I'm going to let it be."

Lauren didn't answer me. She was talking into the phone. Soon Lauren was on her knees, the phone being pushed into my open hands.

"It's Edward, ask him." She said. I shook my head and turned my face away from her, shoving it back into her hands. She just pushed it back. "Bella, just do it. Do it for us and Edward." she tried. I shook my head again and began to push it towards her. Her hand clasped mine and pushed my hands back to me. "If not for us or Edward, do for the baby? He needs to know. The baby needs to hear his father’s voice at least once."

"Lauren..." I trailed off, trying to reason with her but, she cut me off.

"No!" She shouted. "You will answer the goddamn phone! Find out the fucking truth! Is this all a game? We need to know!" I stared at her in shock. I had never since her like this before. Hesitantly, I took the phone from her hands and pressed my ear to the phone.