Chapter Six | Lyin' King

______

Okay, so you just

Go around breaking hearts just to see what is inside

Go around stealing em, feeding em to your pride

Did you ever stop and think that

I might really need that

To stay alive?

I'm starting to believe that

You don't really see that

I had given you my life, oh yeah

But it's okay, I'm going to find my way

But as for you, I don't know what to say

If you don't learn, you'll never know a good thing

You'll never know a good thing

Never know a good thing - Jhene Aiko
______

Dolani

"Where the hell you think you goin' on a damn Thursday Lani?" Domani barked a bit louder than necessary, as he barged through the closed door of my bedroom. He hadn't bothered to even knock or care, ever, he simply plopped down onto my bed and watched me as I stood in front of the long mirror. I was glad that I was fully dressed already, because he never gave a warning or anything before storming into my room, carelessly. I'd gotten use to it by now, so it never really bothered me anymore.

"I'm going over to Mike's house, why?" I asked him as I turned around, away from the mirror, to face him. I was dressed in a yellow "Trillfiger" crop-top sweatshirt, that had hints of the colors black, red, and white in it. I wore it with a pair of white denim ripped jeans, and for shoes, the black, white, and gold Jordan Master 12's that my brother had bought for me. I was rather cute and casual for the day, so I was satisfied with myself. My hair was straight and my light make-up was fleeking.

"Yo ass suspended Lani

"Yo ass suspended Lani." He commented, stating the obvious fact. It's been a week since I got suspended for fighting, and today happens to be my last day of being able to sleep in and do whatever the hell I pleased. Mike was suppose to be in school today, but he was skipping all for me. I just wanted to chill out today and spend quality time together before I go back to waking up at 7. Plus, the last time we chilled, we argued and I didn't want that today.