Chapter Twenty Seven | Battle Cry

________________
Fear inside my brain

I'm terrified

And doubt takes over love

I'm paralyzed

With darkness drowns the light

But I won't lose this fight

Even though all of my fears

And all of my doubts

Are outside my door

Ready for war

Right here and now

And they're marching in

I can hear the battle cry

At war with my heart and mind - Jussie Smollett
_____________

Domani

"Damn, get out yo feelings." I said to Ashanti as she stared at me from across the counter top. If her looks could kill, a nigga would've been dead and gone a few minutes ago. I chuckled at the look on her face and made my way closer to where she sat on the bar stool inside of the kitchen area. Ashanti had got big as hell now. With all that being said, her ass didn't play about food, even when it came down to me. I'd stolen a piece of her bacon and she was ready to go ham on my ass, then cry all at once. Them hormones weren't no joke man, on moms they wasn't shit to play with these days!

"Get the fuck out Domani!" She cursed and rolled her eyes as she covered her plate and sneakily ate on the breakfast, that my ass had bought for her. I swear her attitude was foul these days. I caught her ass in a good mood like once every other week around here. Shit its crazy over here man! Sometimes I feel like a fish outta water round this bitch, but I'm making it I guess.

"Fuck you talkin' too girl?" I asked with a slight frown on my face as I made my way closer to her. I stood next to where she sat and it got under her skin, so bad that she couldn't stand it. Before I knew it she hopped down from the bar stool and ran off towards the hall way, disappearing into the bathroom. I sighed and just followed behind her ass, that was the duty that fell on me. I was the dumb ass nigga that couldn't pull out. I wasn't complaining though, I'm gone be a bomb ass daddy, that's word to Jesus. My parents were good to me so I wouldn't be anything less to my kids.

I made my way into the bathroom to see my baby all down on the floor with her face in the toilet. I sighed and took a seat on the edge of the tub as I rubbed her back and pulled her hair away from her face. At one point this shit here disgusted me, but I'd gotten used to it after a big ass seven months and some change of this shit. She was tired of it and so was I, I ain't even know why she was still throwing up anyway, I thought that was some early pregnancy shit. The  again, what did I know about the shit anyway.

"You cool?" I asked her after she'd stopped vomiting and just sat along the toilet. My hands still massaged her back and shoulders as she slowly nodded at me. I waited another minute or two to make sure she was a bit better before I helped her chubby ass up from the floor and back onto her feet. She flushed down the shit in the toilet and then went on to brush her teeth. After checking on her again, I went to the kitchen and cleaned up, then got her ass a nice glass of water and her medicine that she take.