Chapter Thirteen | Say It

______

You gon have to do more than just

Say it

You gon have to do less when you

Do it

Tell mama you know I

Show it

Always want you to

Prove it - Tory Lanez
______

Dolani

I couldn't contain the smile that graced my face once I walked out of the double doors of my high school at 3 o'clock that afternoon. I was ecstatic that it was the last day of my junior year and the fact that I was now officially a senior after passing all of my finals, was a damn good feeling. I had only one last year before all of it would be over and I'd be off to college. I didn't know what I wanted to do or what I wanted to be in life just yet, but I knew that I wanted to go away, far away from here. Maybe LA would treat me good.

I shrugged my shoulders carelessly at the thought as I maneuvered through the crowd of teenagers that wanted to stand around and talk. I didn't have any friends, so it was easy for me to leave this piece of shit in the wind for the summer. Once I got close enough, I ran to my car so that I could get home. I didn't care how crazy I looked, I still did it anyway. My whole family was having a barbecue over at our house since it was hot out, so I was more than ready to get home to them. It had been a minute since my entire family had a gathering, so I was happy to be around them. Especially after all of the bullshit I've been through in my life lately.

A couple of weeks had passed since I'd passed out at the restaurant and went to the hospital that night. I was lucky to still be alive and to have made it this far in my life right now. I didn't like thinking about what had happened to me, so I pushed it to the back of my mind. If you're thinking that I told my father, nope. I still hadn't told him, but at this point I saw no reason to spill the tea. Tony had given me a month off from that shit to get myself together, so I was using that time. Too bad after my month was up, I would have come clean to everyone and allow them to handle it.

I sighed as I hopped into my car and immediately let the top down as I started it up. I allowed the wind to blow through my hair while leaving out of the school parking lot to get home. I was really excited about all of my family being over today, so I quickly made my way home. It took me roughly over fifteen minutes of singing and rapping along to Jaquees before I pulled up to the house, with many cars in the driveway. I smiled, got out, and then headed up to the front door to be greeted by my one and only uncle DJ.

"Hey uncle DJ," I greeted happily as he opened up the front door for me. He smacked his lips with that small signature smirk that they all did 100% of the time, before pulling me into a side hug and kissing my forehead gently. My uncle DJ looked young to be in his forties. He looked better than some dudes that were my age if I'm completely honest. He had aged well, my dad did too. They looked nice for their age.

"Wassup Lani', ian seen you in a minute niece. Where you been hidin' out at little E?" He asked as he closed the door back behind me. I chuckled softly and shrugged my shoulders, before heading deeper inside of the house. The smell of barbecue led me all the way outside of the house, to the pool where my dad was standing over the grill with my uncle Adrian at his side. I made my way over to where the two of them were by the grill, seasoning and grilling meat and other sides.