Chapter Six

A week after getting engaged, Gwen finished getting Lucy ready for the day. Breakfast was brought up to Lucy and Harry, and he finished getting ready too. He was tense, but it was to be known. Today Harry and Lucy were meeting with Buckingham Palace lawyers, and Lucy was supposed to bring her own. Lucy had never a need for a lawyer before, even with her life, but apparently one was necessary now. After she married Harry, there would be no need of a lawyer of her own, unless they got divorced someday, not that they saw that coming.

Harry hired a lawyer for Lucy, and Siobhan had gone out of her way to prep Lucy and the lawyer. Lucy didn't have much to give.

Clouds graced the sky as Lucy walked out of Kensington Palace. Her heels clicked on the ground. A coat was pulled around her. Tony stood beside her. "You look nervous," he said.

"What am I walking into?" she asked. Tony turned his gaze on her. "You're British; what am I dealing with?"

Tony smiled at her. "Good luck."

The bodyguard opened the door to the car as Harry descended down the steps. He stopped beside Lucy and held out his arm. Lucy slipped her arm through, and they went to the car together. Lucy glanced at Tony as she slid in, but he kept his stupid grin on his face.

The drive to Buckingham was usually quick but it took forever to get there. Harry held Lucy's hand tightly. Once at Buckingham Palace, Harry and Lucy were rushed back into the background rooms. With more tourist coming in for summer, Buckingham Palace would be buzzing with people. During the summer, the royals would go elsewhere. Lucy didn't prefer it.

The Buckingham Palace lawyers sat on one side of the table with Harry, Lucy and her lawyer on the other side. William entered afterward had gotten settled, the mediator of the situation. His blue eyes watched carefully.

"Miss Smith, with your recent engagement to his royal highness, Prince Harry, the monarchy would like you to sign this prenuptial agreement that you sign before the wedding. You have agreed to sign it?" the lawyer asked.

Harry gripped Lucy's hand under the table. "Yes," she said.

"We shall go over the agreement now," the lawyer stated. "With the agreement signed, Miss Smith will have a title upon marriage of Her Royal Highness Princess Henry, when Miss Smith holds no royal heritage before and has no royal social standing. Then the Queen, upon marriage done and agreement signed, will give a royal household, along with His Royal Highness Prince Harry's current residence of a Kensington Palace apartment." His eyes came to the couple. "Have you had any thought of residence?"

"Near myself and Kate," William interjected.

"By the ocean as well," Harry said, squeezing her hand. Lucy wanted to live by the ocean, if she could help it. Harry had seen how calm she became when she was by the ocean.

The Buckingham Palace lawyers made some of notes of the requests so the Queen could be aware of Harry and Lucy's situation. "Next, and why we are here, this is about the divorce. Miss Smith, you are aware of your job requirements as Her Royal Highness Princess Henry as well as events and charity meetings to do. This includes tours and other agreements. In compensation, you will receive a weekly allowance of an agreed upon sum, for personal expenses. For royal expenses, it will be compensated by the royal account, which His Royal Highness will hold sole custody of the account and he will hold sole custody until his death.

"Upon his death, if children are of age, the children will share custody of the account unless they have their own accounts. If they have their own accounts, you will be put on the highest account. If the children are not of age upon his death, Prince William will be hold custody of the account. If death of both of them, you will then hold custody of the account, with a watchful eye from the reigning monarch."

The Buckingham Palace lawyer flipped through pages of notes. "Upon divorce, a personal account will be established with the agreed amount money on. Miss Smith, this would be your sole account, alone. Per child, an account would be opened for them. When the child is with you, their money would be spent. If you are caught using their account without the child, you will be sued and it will be dealt with internally.

"Everything will be dealt with internally. There will never be interviews given unless it is signed off by the reigning monarch," the lawyer finished.

Harry held Lucy's hand tight, and he wanted her to argue this. He wanted her to argue all of this, but specially this. Lucy didn't want to lose her voice, and Harry didn't want this. This had been put into the prenuptial agreement because of his mother, when she couldn't be "controlled." Harry had talked to William, and William had been willing to give Lucy a voice. He didn't want anyone to be "controlled." Both of the boys grew up in the monarchy and knew the rules, but they weren't like the other royals.

"Back to the children, per-child born, there will be an increase in allowance. It is understood that two children are expected at the least," the lawyer glanced through the document, "but there is no time table ." Most relationships had a time table for when first children would be expected but Harry was the only one to say that wasn't happening. "As for your last name, Miss Smith--"

"Miss Smith," her lawyer said, "will keep her last name for all legal documents, including birth certificates, passports, drivers license and death certificates."

The Buckingham Palace lawyer met Lucy with an even gaze. "Without further discussion, will you, Miss Smith, sign here?"

Harry's eyes rested on Lucy, and she nodded. Harry had already signed the paper, and Lucy moved forward to sign. The pen was heavy in her hand, and she hated how long her name was now, even though it wasn't long. She signed her name fully, loopy and crisp. Lucy set the pen down.

"Congratulations," the Buckingham Palace lawyer said, "you can now be married."