Chapter Twenty-Eight

Harry rocked on the back of his heels. William stayed silent and still. Swallowing, the Prince of Wales found his words, "Is she the one who has been hurt?"

"Yes, your highness."

"Is she alive?"

"Yes, your highness."

Harry swallowed. Tears burned his eyes, with fear originally and then with happiness. Fear made his eyes brim with tears. Then it was happiness that made a few tears escape. She was alive, and this meant she was going to be fine.

"How badly is she injured?" William asked.

Harry glanced up, never thinking to ask that. But she was going to survive, because she had to. She was supposed to marry him. But what if she just alive for now? What if her injuries were that bad? What if she wasn't going to be okay?

"Her injuries are unknown at this moment." The security held the door. "Now, please get in the car. Both of you must get back to Buckingham Palace."

"No," Harry spat.

"Your highness--"

"If Lucy is not there, I am not going there. Where is she?"

"Last time we got a check in, she was on the way to local hospital, which was thirty minutes away. However, if her injuries are terrible, then she will most likely be transported to the biggest hospital around."

Harry couldn't breathe. He couldn't move.

"Find out her injuries now," William instructed. "Harry, come to the car, we're going to the Palace, and once we find out where she is, then you can go to her."

Harry still didn't want that.

"Harry, please, just for now, and then you can go to her," William begged, wanting his brother safe.

"Find out where she is," Harry commanded, and then got into the car.

He knew where he was headed, to the royal bunker under Buckingham Palace, one of the most protected bunkers in the world. The Queen, his father and his step-mother would already be within the walls. As for William's children and wife, they were on the way to the bunker, if not already there. William was going into the bunker whether he liked it or not, even if it was his wife or children, because he was the future King. However, Harry was just a spare, and he would find out where Lucy was. He would go to her.

Upon reaching Buckingham Palace, William and Harry reached the bunker. The Duke of Cambridge was reunited with his wife and children, and Harry sauntered in. He made Simon and Robert promise that once they had information about Lucy, they would tell him. He hung back by the door.

Charles, Harry's father, walked over to him, placing a hand on his son's shoulder. "I heard that it was Lucy."

"Yeah." Harry blinked tears out of her eyes. "I shouldn't be scared. We don't know her injuries. It's possible she's fine, and she's on her way here. They're just being protective."

His father only nodded.

"Also, Dad, she's been fine in the past. Whatever happened, she'll be fine. She'll survive it."

His father breathed deeply. "They didn't say what happened?"

"No, but I assume it wasn't a car crash." The words tasted bitter on his tongue. "We wouldn't have been rushed here, so it must be something about safety."

"Someone attacked her," he finished his son's thought. "You think someone attacked her."

"Why else would we be in here?" Anger radiated off of Harry. "I need to see her. I need to know that she is okay. I need to know that my life will be spent with her."

Charles smiled grimly. "Like you said, like I know too, Lucy is a fighter. She is a survivor. I'm sure she is fine. I'm sure she'll walk down the aisle in two weeks. She'll look beautiful."

The metal, heavy door creaked open, taking forever to open. The seconds ticked by as the locks came out of place and the door just opened enough for one body to fit through. Harry breathed, Lucy on his mind; she had to come through the door. She had to be fine. They had to bring her to him.

Robert stepped in. "Your highness, we have news about Miss Smith."

The ride out of the landing strip was the longest, where he would take an airplane ride north. Instead of three hours, the ride would be thirty minutes. Then it would be another ten minute ride to the hospital. Harry was assured that Tony was with Lucy; she was in good hands. At the same time, he just wanted to be there. Police also surrounded hospital, but there weren't any more attacks expected.

Robert sat down in front of the Prince of Wales. "Your highness, we know the identity of the man. His name is--"

"Don't," Harry said, "not now. Don't give me the name." He swallowed. "Lucy told me and it's true, a name is power. If you know the name, they have the power. He doesn't get to have power. He doesn't get a name. He doesn't deserve it."

"Yes, sir." The bodyguard paused. "We also have an explanation."

Harry looked up. This he would hear.

"The police went to his house in the village, and what they found was disturbing."

"He was the one sending the threatening messages?"

"Yes, sir. He planned to send more but when there were not responses, he gave up trying to get her attention that way. In the house, sir, there were pictures of Miss Smith along other messages."

"I think I already know what the messages say." He took a shaky breath. "There were pictures of her?"

"Yes, sir." Robert sighed. "There were normal pictures, like professional and then paparazzi photos, and then some obviously personal photos."

"He had been close to her before?"

"It appears so, but this is the first time he has made any movement toward her."

"We still don't know her injuries."

"We will not know until we land, sir."

Harry nodded, looking out the window. Tear brimmed his blue eyes out of fear again. After all this time, he couldn't lose her. "She felt sick this morning," he murmured. Anger built up in him again.

"Your highness?" Robert asked.

His gaze turned deadly upon his bodyguard. "Lucy felt sick this morning. She thought she was going to vomit."

The bodyguard waited.

"And I didn't think anything of it. I thought she was just sick. With the wedding coming up, I thought she was nervous, and I should've known better." He scoffed. "Lucy's stomach hurts when something bad is going to happen or whatever. She has had this feeling since the shooting. And both of us didn't notice this morning. We ignored it."

Robert cleared his throat. "Were you happy this morning?"

"Yes."

"Think of that, sir."