Chapter Thirteen

Lucy reminded herself that she was doing this for Harry, because he still had a child in him. At least one of them had a child within them. Lucy lost hers long ago. She willed herself to try today but vomit soaked her mouth. She knew how she felt about roller coasters, and usually it ended with vomit and tears. Harry bounced off the walls in excitement.

It was good for both of them when Lucy jammed so many things into the schedule. It didn't give them much time to think. Lucy would've focused too much on the impending wedding. Harry would've focused too much on the threatening note. Lucy thought nothing of the thing, but it was still looked into. All letters would be opened by Siobhan and her assistant for now on in a bodyguard's presence, and Lucy certainly was never allowed to do that again. It pissed her off so much because one person ruined it for everyone else.

Once again, Lucy was kicked into the backseat so Simon could drive. This time, she was at least allowed to give directions to the amusement part.

Harry bounced up and down in his seat until he stilled. Valleyfair arose in front of him. With over seventy-five attractions, including eight roller coasters, Harry was bound to a boy again. It wasn't Disney World or Disney Land, but it was the best one was going to get around here. It was better than the Mall of America.

The bodyguards stepped out first, followed by the couple. Harry kept a friendly pace while Lucy hung back for a second. Tony stopped beside her.

"Robert will go on the rides anyway," he said. "There's no need for you to go through the pain."

"He does a lot for me. A few amusement rides won't be a problem."

Tony shrugged. "You've done a lot for him. Don't let amusement rides be another."

Lucy sighed and walked forward, to rejoin her future husband. Her hand slid into his, and he held on tight. Harry tugged her along as they entered the amusement park.

He wanted to everything: all the roller coasters and all the smaller attractions. Harry looked through the map at least three times, deciding what the best path was for the rides. He would ride all of them, even considering the child ones. Lucy thought he might only want children to ride the childish rides again.

Lucy managed to go on the Wild Thing and the Extreme Swing before she couldn't take it anymore. She decided to strike a deal with Harry, "If you can make it through the Tilt a Whirl five times in a row without vomiting, I will go on all the roller coasters with you."

Harry laughed. "That won't even be difficult, Luce. Are you sure you want to play that way?"

"Make the deal or not, Harry."

"Deal it is." He shook her hand.

Lucy automatically took him to the Tilt a Whirl, where they boarded. After talking to the teenager who ran the ride, Lucy sat down beside Harry. The safety bar was pulled over them, and they were strapped down. "Can't escape now, Harry."

"I'm not the one who gets motion sick, Lucy. I fly helicopters."

"I grew up around these parts, Prince Charming. This is my territory."

The bodyguards watched as soon as the ride started up

The bodyguards watched as soon as the ride started up. Harry laughed at Lucy's confidence but it didn't end up being misplaced. As the ride went around in circles, Lucy immediately started to tilt from side to side, building up momentum until the car swung around quickly. Harry was thrown back in the car and Lucy swung harder. Letting out a yelp, his fingers curled around the safety bar. Perhaps he wasn't cut out for this life. Lucy managed to swing the car around three more times before the ride started to slow. This was only the first round; Harry still had four more to go.

Harry was always competitive, and it didn't stop now. It wasn't that he was competitive with her, but more like he wanted to beat the system. In this case, he wanted to beat the ride. As people got off and on, Lucy glanced at him, giving him her best princess smile. Harry smiled at her, lips closed, as acid burned the back of this throat. He hoped he wouldn't vomit, but if he did, half of him wanted to vomit on her.

The ride started up again, and Lucy wiggled her eyebrows as she swung her body from side to side until the car lurched and spun quickly. Harry managed to find the bodyguards as they watched; Tony was the only one to smile. At least Harry had chosen a good bodyguard for her.

It was half way through the third trip that Harry knew he wouldn't last. He closed his eyes and sat back. His fingers curled into Lucy, and the rest of her body moved away from him. She did not want to be in the splatter zone.

When the ride ended, Harry threw off of the safety bar and ran from the ride. Lucy took her time getting off and walking toward him. Harry was bent over the trashcan and let one big burst into it. Simon and Robert stood beside him, watching the crowd for cameras. Tony held out water for Harry to take when he was ready; he smiled at her when she came down the steps.

Harry finished and looked up. "I'm so hot." He took the water from Tony's hand.

"Say it," she said.

"Luce...."

"Say it."

"I lost."

"That sounds amazing."

"I'm so hot." He pressed her hand to his face.

"Child, please."

Lucy laced her fingers through his hand and pulled him along. He was clammy, but she knew how to cheer him up. Lucy had done some research on Harry's past long ago, and he enjoyed one ride at Disney World a lot. She didn't tell him where they went, and he was too sick to realize he stood next to the Wave.

Lucy told the bodyguards to wait over there, giving them a warning. Harry stood on wooden bridge and Lucy told him to look at the bodyguards. Lucy dug into his pockets nonchalantly, pulling out his wallet and mobile; he didn't fight it. She pointed something out, and Harry couldn't find it.

"What, Luce?"

"Look."

"I don't see it." Harry squinted into the bright light. "Luce, I'm looking. I don't see it. What is it?" He whipped around and Lucy was gone. She stood next to the bodyguards, in the so called safe zone. Confusion tore at Harry's face until a wave crushed into him.

 Confusion tore at Harry's face until a wave crushed into him

It took him by force as he braced himself against the bridge. The water rushed around him for a second before running off the bridge. Harry breathed deeply. He was soaking. As he pulled his blue-eyed gaze up to her, Lucy smiled and waved at him. He only waved back.