Chapter Thirty-Two

In the early morning, Harry was pulled out of Lucy's bed. Her warmth left him, and he groaned. Her fingers touched his skin one last time, and then she let him go. He was led out of the room, and Lucy's eyes closed again, hoping to get at least a few more minutes of sleep. It really should've been Lucy who was pulled out of bed, so she had enough time to get ready, but Harry still had to prepare for the day.

If they had their own way, Harry and Lucy would've shared breakfast with each other this morning, discussing the newspapers and what they said, laughing at the rumors going on. They would've put each other at ease, but that surely didn't happen.

Harry kissed her on the cheek before he went, whispering, "You're beautiful."

"I love you," she mumbled.

He laughed and left the room with his brother. His feet were heavy on the floor, dragged along toward another Kensington Palace Apartment.

Lucy put her face into the pillow, squealing slightly. Her voice bounced off the walls. Her eyes closed again, going back into whatever dream she wished to return to. It didn't last too long because Siobhan came in not ten minutes later to get her out of bed. Lucy thought to throw a pillow at her personal assistant, but Siobhan gave her a death glare.

"Let's go."

Sighing, Lucy crawled out of bed. Coldness crept on her skin. She immediately shivered, wanting to climb back in bed. "What if I just don't do today?"

"You have one hour."

"For a shower?" Lucy questioned.

Siobhan answered. "Wake up. Coffee awaits out here."

Shedding her clothing, Lucy stood in front of the mirror, shifting her weight. Scars marked her skin, but it wasn't a secret. Fitting the requirements of the dress, most scars would be covered up today. Makeup would be placed all across her skin. Her face would no longer be her own today. Lucy would be made "perfect."

She stepped into the shower and pressed her forehead to the tile, as she knew Harry did the same, after being pushed into a shower too. His day would be most stressful, getting all last minute arraignments in place. Lucy had the easier job, since her morning was spent making her look "pretty."

Shaving multiple times and washing her hair multiple times, Lucy finally got out of the shower. The hour hadn't passed and she stood in front of the mirror. This was her wedding day, where she would truly be a princess. Cinderella was on her way, barely but she was on her way. Lucy glanced at the clock, and she had quite the time.

Food waited for her in the room along with coffee. She chugged the first cup and decided to slow down on the second cup. Instead of her normal personal stylist, Gwen, there were three more stylists to help her with hair and makeup. The hair and makeup had been chosen long ago, once the dress had been chosen, and it had been practiced over and over again. This place was meant to be no different.

No more trial runs today.

Lucy nibbled on her food, not being able to eat something fully. Nerves hadn't gotten to her until she sat in a room surrounded by stylists and designers. The two designers chilled in the back, discussing the dress. Her eyes wandered back to the dress, and Tristan Wippermann smiled at her.

First, hair was done. Brushes ran through it quickly before a blow dry was taken to it. It flowed around her. Then a flatiron was taken to the hair, the smell filled the room. The hair fell stick straight around her. Gwen pulled out a curling iron, and took to her hair, pulling back portions until all of her hair was placed behind her in a flowing bun. The veil would be placed over her eventually.

Second, the makeup was done. The goal was to make her face all one color, pushing down her neck and to her chest. All Lucy's "imperfections" were covered up by copious amounts of makeup. Her eyes were first, making them a more defining feature. Brown eyeliner was placed around her eyes, especially on the lids, covered by green eyeliner to bring out of the color. More neutral colors were placed on her eyelids, and suddenly, her eyes were bigger. Maroon blushed applied to her cheeks, finding her cheekbones. Then maroon lipstick was put on. Lucy managed to take a few more bites.

Third, the dress came on, all the layers of the dress. The lace stretched across her skin. The dress picked up in the room. A small train bloomed behind her. Lace covered everything else. The dress puffed out at the hips. The button came together in the back. It was almost heavy under the dress, and Lucy found it hard to breathe. Fans blew around the room. Inside the cathedral, it would be warm but it was promised she would be fine. Lucy just needed to breathe.

Fourth, the shoes were laid out. Siobhan and Gwen helped her as she slid into shoes. Gwen was on the ground, lacing her up. The heels weren't high, with Lucy already being the same height as her future husband, and then the straps went up her leg to hold them in place.

Fifth, the lacy veil was placed on her head, being bobby-pinned in. It was all careful to not hurt Lucy's hair. Everything fell into place as the veil pulled around her. Gwen placed more maroon lipstick and let it dry, and then the veil was placed over her face.

Enough time had passed that it was time now. The new hour rolled around a car waited outside. Sydney was already inside, and flowers waited in her hands. Sydney's fingers curled around her old friend's hand, and they smiled at each other.

"You'll be fine, Lucille."

"Thanks, Syd."

The women made their way out to the car, and a slow roar came from outside the gates. There wasn't an understanding of what the roar came from, but the idea slowly formed in Lucy's head. The roar was for her and Harry. The dress was held up by Gwen and Siobhan before entering the car. The dress was everywhere, all over Sydney. The car pulled out of Kensington Palace, leaving, and suddenly the crowds were everywhere.