Chapter Thirty-Five

The hope was that the dress would stay pristine and flawless, even after dragging on the ground. The dress was pulled upward so that it didn't touch the ground as the wedding party moved inside. Upon entering Buckingham Palace, the dress was placed on the ground again. The hallways of the Palace seemed too quiet as all non-essential employees were given the day off as other people came into the event.

Harry hadn't dropped Lucy's hand, not that either of them wanted be a part.

The dress was shaken out around her as Harry held the flowers until the dress was groomed again. The designer, Tristan Wippermann, looked over every inch of the dress to make sure that it was still perfection. It was. 

The room was mostly red, with some trimmings of gold and white. Old portraits of royals hung on the walls. The red carpet and red wallpaper made the room pop, but at least it was different red from the jacket the Harry wore, having worn an Armed Forces uniform. It was trimmed and ironed to perfect, but she doubted he did it himself.

The first pictures taken just of Prince Harry and his now wife, Lucille Smith, since she was yet given a full title. Her name would officially be Lucille, but no one was sure how long it would stick. There were a few pictures snapped for spontaneity, and each of the pictures had Lucy looking shocked. The designer of the dress finished putting it in perfect place, while Gwen fixed Lucy's hair and makeup. The veil was placed back on her head, not covering her face anymore. Harry and Lucy turned to the camera, giving their best smiles. A few photos were taken.

"We need the pin fixed," said Siobhan.

Gwen automatically began to walk over but Lucy waved her off. "I got this." She turned to Harry and began to fix one of his pins. It was certainly held in place but she needed to fix it fully. Lucy almost pricked her finger.

"No blood on the dress please," Harry commented, and Lucy rolled her eyes. "What a story to tell when the dress goes on the road," he mocked. "Is that blood  on Lucille Smith's dress? Did she get ito a fight?"

"It would only be a little, and I feel like there are worse injuries."

"Like in the past month?" he asked.

Lucy almost pricked Harry with pin but she thought better of it. "Did they get enough spontaneous photos?"

"I would think so." A mysterious smile appeared on his face. "But we could give them more."

Shaking her head, Lucy took her place again.

Harry stood on the right and Lucy on the left, with her arm snaked through his. The couple chose to stand closer than most other couples, thus it didn't leave much background. The camera was at eye level but far enough away so that the whole dress could be seen. Other photos would just feature their faces later. The flowers were handed back to Lucy.

"A little lower with the flowers, ma'am." The photographer didn't look happy until the flowers were placed directly in front of her stomach, covering up the fact that she didn't have a small waist.

More photos were taken from that angle before the wedding party was brought in, including all the children. It was the newlywed couple and the children first, as they sat on the red carpet stairs to the throne perch. Harry sat down first with Lucy sitting down next, not letting her dress get dirty. Gwen and the designer of the dress moved it around so that it was perfect in front of the camera. Next the children were brought in, and placed around the couple evenly. All the children were at least old enough so that they smiled nicely at the camera. The flowers rested on her lap with her other hand on Harry's leg, as if that was somehow normal. Harry touched his own knee.

Finally the last bunch of photos were taken, which proved to be the most difficult. Though there was a mix of Lucy's family, it was cousins and such, instead of the normal parents and siblings. Lucy and Harry stood, with his grandmother sitting in a chair in front. His brother and his wife, William and Catherine, stood there next. Charles and Camilla, his parents, had been moved to the front row along with the Queen, all sitting. William's children were off to the side. On Lucy's side, some of her cousins, uncles and aunts, and second cousins stood around, were placed into the most perfect places. Sydney stood next to Lucy at least.

"Oh, look, a ginger sandwich," Lucy commented. Her now husband and best friend looked at her. Sydney's arms curled around her and so did Harry.

"Like this?" he asked.

Lucy patted their arms before just swatting them off. They returned to their original positions. Bright flashes filled the room, each time the camera charged up again. Photographs were taken over and over again. There wasn't any change between actual frames but someone apparently did.

After the photo shoot, the newlywed couple, followed by the wedding party was taken to one of the smaller dining rooms where food was set out. Unlike an American wedding, dinner wasn't eaten at all the reception. Rather it was a private affair.

Lucy and Harry sat next to each other at the long table as food was served. Neither of them hadn't noticed how hungry there were until the food was put in front of them. Lucy held back herself, and Harry did the same. The Queen stood first to give a toast, with a glass of amazing red wine for everyone except the children. After the Queen, it was Charles and then Lucy's cousin. Harry held Lucy's hand under the table. Slowly everyone was allowed to dig in.

"I didn't get to say it to you yet," Harry smiled.

Glancing at him, she paused. "Whatever is it, husband?"

Harry's smile fell off his face, after Lucy beat him to the punch.

"You can still call me wife."

Harry shook his head. "Later."

She scoffed.

Harry kissed her on the cheek.