Chapter Twenty-Four

Sydney sat in one of pews as Harry and Lucy talked quietly together. Their heads were down and Harry pointed briefly to several places in the massive church. Lucy didn't get her small wedding after all. She managed to hold it together nicely, without much anger. Lucy just took it as she could. It wasn't like Lucy had ever been keen on having a massive wedding or life, but she let it go. She didn't even seem to care half the time what he wedding was like as long as she got married to Harry; at least she had a goal.

Lucy stood there more and Harry explained a few more places. The fan fair of the upcoming wedding was increasing by every passing day, and with a little over two weeks before the wedding, people spilled into London. The wedding wasn't going to be televised and it, of course, wasn't as big of a deal as William and Catherine's, but the public demanded a more public wedding. Lucy was so close to have a private wedding, until the media got a hold on it. Lucy got the media to stay out, at the least, which Harry agreed with. This wasn't the wedding he wanted either.

With the increasing people in London, especially the media, Harry felt more and more protective of Lucy. The media followed her everywhere, more now than ever, and she never batted an eyelash anymore. She grew too used to them there. More people came into London, loading up the hotels, and when hotels were starting to get booked around Harry's wedding date, the monarchy knew. Everyone was coming.

It wasn't a private wedding anymore, when Heads of States were coming. There were other royals and other politicians. Harry didn't even know most of the royals, but at least Lucy could pick out the politicians, at least naming where they came from.

Along with the wedding rehearsals and princess training, she now had to learn people's names, more than usual. The reception was at least kept private, one positive to this.

The fan fair came from Harry's side, with the royalty, even though some of it could've been blamed on Lucy, probably because of her past. This brought in the American media, besides the fact that she still had American citizenship. American media crawled everywhere. If Lucy was just a normal girl or princess, from Britain or another European country, the media wouldn't be everywhere. From Harry's side, it wasn't just because he was royal, a prince, because it wasn't like he would be King. It was because of his mother; people were connected to her and then her children. Harry had always been a favorite.

Finally Siobhan and Stacy, Harry's personal assistant, came over. The personal assistants spoke about where people would be positioned and how Lucy would enter, where they would be. Lucy's mind hurt and her stomach felt queasy. Harry placed his hand on her back, letting her know it would be okay. She was fine until actually entering the cathedral.

William and Harry were taken to one of the side chambers and Catherine stood beside Lucy, giving some reassurance. She did this after all, and there were cameras there. Lucy laughed.

"Honestly," Catherine said, "it won't be that bad when you're actually here. You'll be fine." She brushed a piece of Lucy's blonde hair out of her face. "It goes by so quickly, and you're so excited and jumpy that you don't even realize what is going on."

"What if I fall?"

"Get back up," Catherine advised. "I doubt you'll trip. You're good under pressure, and it might even be cute, natural even."

Lucy laughed.

"You'll be fine." Catherine gave her a hug. "Everything will be fine." The Duchess of Cambridge gave a few more helpful hints, and Harry returned.

He held his fiance's hand as he whispered something to her. The Archbishop came over and had a conversation with them. Siobhan and Stacy talked among themselves, motioning around the church. Tony, Simon, Robert and the head of security spoke about the risks within the cathedral. It was fine, most wedding were fine here, but the security risk came with Harry's fans, which they could get crazy.

"I highly doubt anyone will interrupt our wedding," Harry stated to Robert, and Lucy smirked to herself.

Stacy called for attention, and the walk through began. Lucy and Sydney stood at the back of the cathedral. As Maid of Honor to Lucy's wedding, Sydney would walk behind the bride, bringing in children. Sydney laughed with children, something still innocent about her. If Lucy had been getting married in America, Sydney would be in front and so would be the children, but not here.

Walking down the aisle was difficult for Lucy here, even when she tried to keep the beat with music. Every time Lucy would step out of tune, Sydney was there to click her tongue so Lucy knew the beat. It was different, when Lucy had no one hold onto so she wouldn't fall as she made it down the aisle. Her father was dead, so he wouldn't walk her down the aisle, unfortunately.

Eventually she got down the long aisle where Harry awaited her. Her stomach churned, as if this was her actual wedding day. The nerves would surely kill her. Finally Harry looked back, a smile crossing his lips. Finally, Lucy relaxed.

The wedding planner whispered to the personal assistants as the practice slowed down for a second, so that the kinks already could be worked out. Stacy walked over to the family's personal assistant, and they had a short talk. Charles had come today and a few more family members sat in the pews. The personal assistant talked to Charles, the future King, and he had an idea. Charles stood up and walked over to the couple.

"We're going to try this again," the wedding planner, "except, ma'am, the Duke of Cornwall will walk you down the aisle."

Lucy swallowed but Harry froze, the more surprised party out of the couple.

"If you will allow it," Charles said.

Lucy nodded. "Yes."

The wedding planner nodded. "From the top, then, please." Sydney and the children walked back first.

Charles held out his arm for Lucy. "We should get comfortable."

Lucy genuinely smiled. "Thank you."

"No. Thank you."