Chapter Fourteen

Paparazzi already started to form outside the house in the morning. Simon watched them carefully before Robert took a turn. Tony made several rounds around the house, checking windows and doors. All curtains were pulled close. The curtains had to be closed with the close proximity of the street to the house. Only one police car sat outside too, with two police officers watching the scene. There weren't many paparazzo out yet, but they would converge on the house soon. This was in the early stages.

Harry's arm curled around Lucy tighter, hearing the low yells of the paparazzi. Her head laid against his chest, hearing it beat. His fingers ran over a scar on her skin. There were more low rumbles of yells. He stilled. Harry liked Kensington Palace because he couldn't hear them. Now, the voices were too loud; they were too mean. Lucy was unfazed. The paparazzo would be left out in the rain today.

"Breathe," Lucy whispered.

Harry took a deep, shaky breath. Anger built up in him.

"Let it out."

Harry let the shaky breath out.

"Good."

His fingers twisted on her skin, giving her warmth. He couldn't image touching another woman, ever, and the skin would've been too even and too soft. The scars, with the ridges and the mountains, were his home now. The smooth skin only reminded him of the past. Some of the most beautiful people had scars. Lucy was one of those people.

"Thank you, Luce."

She flipped her blonde hair back. "For the breathing technique?"

"No." He smirked. "For being you. Don't stop."

"I'll try." She rolled her eyes and laid her head down on his chest. "Don't ever change too, okay?"

"Okay."

"Well, there are a few things...."

He chuckled. "Joking?"

She shrugged.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Thank you for being my wife."

"Did you think I would say no?"

"Yes."

Lucy stared forward, at the curtained window. Dark clouds loomed outside. "I thought about it. I still think about it."

"I know," he admitted. "I know you love me. I know all of it. I know all of you." Harry laughed to himself. "I know all of you." Lucy smirked to herself at his joke. "I know what you love and hate, what makes you happy and angry, what makes you laugh and what makes you cry." His fingers brushed over her hair. "I know what you don't want to be, and I love you for it. I love every part of you."

She laughed. "There must be something you don't like?"

He thought about it for a second and then shook his head. "No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, there isn't nothing."

Lucy sat up and matched his gaze. "Lies."

He laughed.

Smirking, Lucy tried to climb out of the bed but Harry looped his arms around her body, pulling her back. She hit the bed with a thump, landing slightly on top of him. She laughed as Harry rolled over and started to kiss her.

"Don't go." He kissed her. "Don't get up." He kissed her. "We can stay here all day." He kissed her.

"We have plans tonight," she said through the kisses.

"Tonight," he agreed, "but not now." He kissed her deeply, pulling her body toward him. She giggled.

When it hit five in the afternoon, with the sun easily lighting outside, Simon drove, narrowly escaping hitting a few paparazzo as they left the house, heading to downtown Minneapolis. Robert stayed in the front seat, with Tony in the way back. Harry's hand stayed on top of Lucy's. The sprawling stadium rose in the horizon after the rainy day as it slowly began to shine again. Lucy had mentioned this place numerous times, her favorite sports stadium ever. She wished to show him the beauty.

After parking, the bodyguards closed quickly around the couple. But with everyone wearing Minnesota Twins gear for the professional baseball game, no one paid them any care. Moving through the gates, Lucy showed them the way to their seats, on the second deck where most people awaited homerun balls. Harry automatically got a beer and brat before they sat down while Lucy took to her usual food of nachos. Simon and Robert sat on Harry's side, with Tony on Lucy's side.

The game progressed well. Harry enjoyed himself, but beside Lucy, Tony wasn't impressed. He had gone out of his way throughout his life to not be involved in American baseball, finding the game too long and too boring. Lucy scoffed at him, anger boiling in her; she loved the game, always had. At any sporting event, you were immersed in the event. Watching baseball on the television, Lucy could agree, you needed to be half-paying attention.

It only took two innings for Lucy and Harry to be spotted, as it was whispered through the crowd. It only took four innings until a camera was close and watched the couple closely. Lucy glanced over but didn't make any quick movements.

"The Kiss Cam is about to happen," she notified him.

Harry spent enough time in America to know what that meant. During breaks in the game, cameras would be looking for couples and then get them to kiss. He made a smooching at her, and she rolled her eyes.

"They're going to be sorely disappointed."

Lucy had this rule, which Harry agreed to, rare moments of public displays of affection. Sometimes, they would be caught holding hands or her hand slipped through his arm. There was yet a picture published of them kissing, and Lucy wanted to keep it like that. Harry agreed, wanting to keep some part of it still private, as if this was another form of protection.

"Don't even look," he advised.

When the Kiss Cam was announced, Harry and Lucy talked intently (or pretended to talk intently) as the screen put up random couples. The crowd cheered as several couples popped on the screen. Lucy had enough time to glance from under her cap to one of the screens to see Harry and Lucy pop up, with names written under the couple for explanation. Harry continued to say something as Lucy nodded along, neither of them noticing themselves on the screen. With the crowd cheering, after ten seconds, the Kiss Cam turned to another couple.

"We're not out of the woods yet," she said.

It was twenty more seconds before the Kiss Cam swung around to them again. Lucy done nothing, smiling as Harry spoke a second. His attitude changed quickly, but she knew where he was going. After all, he was Prince Harry and needed to please the crowd. Neither of them were willing to give a full kiss, but perhaps a slight kiss would be fine.

He took her hand in his and brought it to her lips, kissing it quickly but long enough for the camera to catch the full shot. The crowd roared, even if you weren't Prince Harry fan or cared. Harry held her hand for a few more seconds, running his thumb over the back of her hand. Tony gave a head nod when it was no longer on them, and he let her hand drop.

"There."

She shook her head.

"Too much?" he joked.

Lucy laughed, and they went back to watching the game.

It only took three hours but the game finished. Harry complained he could've fallen asleep from the game, but Lucy disagreed with him. The Minnesota Twins won after all, and Joe Mauer, her favorite player, had a great night. However, Tony agreed with Harry that it was boring.

The bright lights were dimmed at Target Field, the stadium, as fireworks bloomed in the sky, shooting up brightly. Harry curled his fingers around Lucy's hand, holding it closely, refusing to ever let go. He laughed as the fireworks burst in the sky and then sprinkled down.