Anemone

CHAPTER SIX
____________
–•–

      HER QUESTIONS REMAINED UNANSWERED FOR THE REST OF AUTUMN BEFORE a change swept the winds into winter

      HER QUESTIONS REMAINED UNANSWERED FOR THE REST OF AUTUMN BEFORE a change swept the winds into winter. Anomie didn't particularly feel any guilt over the incident that had occurred, and while she admitted that, she was still scared.

      Frequently, much to her horror, she found that parts of her body turned into hazy smoke when she was stressed or sad or disgusted. Although, it never attacked anything but her own conscious.

      One of the clients tried to touch her, even though it was his first visit and physical activity wasn't supposed to occur until the third. He didn't see when her arm went up in smoke, but by the time he started coughing, her flesh was corporeal once more. She didn't take on any more clients that day or the days after.

      She didn't know whom she could talk to because as far as she could tell, this wasn't normal. At the slight motion of breeze she grew fearful that her body would fade away into nothing. Rin had been busy preparing for a mission to some bridge in a couple days and Anomie hadn't the courage to part her troubles onto someone so close to a dangerous mission.

      But she was scared...

      And then she met him.

      It wasn't a spectacular meeting, and neither was it a very good impression.

      Visiting the bathhouse had become routine for her days in Konoha. It was the only place where she felt she could calm down and relax with no fear. She hadn't gone for a long while, as the scars that came upon whips and had marked her back were now healed into small, purple bruises. It was also only days prior that one of her regulars had requested her only to find that she was busy entertaining another. After that, he was forceful in jealous rage the next night he had gotten her alone. It took everything she had to keep him from attacking her face.

      But the hot water felt warm upon her skin, soothing the bruises as she glanced around. Many of the girls around her were much older than her. She found herself watching two girls, giggling and splashing water at each other with amusement. They couldn't be more than 18, and had supple skin and rather voluptuous bodies.

      Anomie was only 14, and already developed in a relatively nice manner, but she didn't quite look like that.

      Her back rested against the bamboo barricade, closing her eyes and sighing as she tried to calm down her stress levels from last night's fright. She had a dream where she was floating in her room, hovering still in the middle of the air. It was frightening when she woke and slammed face first into her tatami bed.

      She had taken to sleeping primarily at the Yūkaku house, as she'd rather Rin didn't see her turn into a grey cloud. But more than that, she was afraid.

      She was afraid of hurting the one person who took her in and if there was one person she couldn't stand causing pain would always be Rin.

      The sound of giggling broke her out of her thoughts as she heard a deep, male, voice heaving a rather perverted laugh from behind her. She glanced behind her, examining the bamboo wall, only to find a small peephole in the middle. It blended quite well, and if she hadn't been looking for it, Anomie was certain she would have missed it.