Behind the Scenes [1]

1

"Second season here we are," Anomie muttered as she adjusted the white haired wig over her head. She rolled her eyes as she caught sight of Kakashi in the background, glancing through the script, although she caught the vague glimpse of the orange book of smut from above the white pages.

"Pretty sure that's supposed to be in the storage room with all the other props," she stated, twirling the strands of her hair before her makeup artist, Inori began to paint her lips a soft pink.

"Pretty sure it's none of your business," Kakashi retorted without looking up from his script.

Anomie's eyes connected with Inori's as she struggled not to smile. "It will be my business when we start doing our lines and you have no idea how to react."

Kakashi merely shrugged and turned another page in the book.

"See what I have to work with?" she muttered as Inori began lightly dusting her cheeks with blush.

"Says the one who filled my trailer with eighty two mini aquariums, swarming with goldfish." Kakashi retorted and Inori gave Anomie a look that clearly said 'Again?'

"Okay, I admit, that wasn't very nice," Anomie finally said after a slight hesitant pause. "But if you recall, was it not you who placed saran wrap on my trailer's toilet seat? After all these years, I promise you, it's still not funny."

Kakashi let out a chuckle that sounded hilariously similar to a snort.

For a brief moment, Anomie paused to allow Inori to swipe a wing of eyeliner across her lid before as she dug through her pant pocket and pulled out a cigarette box. Inori almost immediately frowned and tore the box from the girl's nimble fingers.

"No smoking, Anni." Inori scold, slapping the box lightly against Anomie's forehead and tossing them into the bin where she had also thrown out Anomie's French fries.

Anomie scowled, crossing her arms over her chest as she held in her temper. First, she takes away my fried yumminess and now my cigs...

Anomie decided that she rather hated Inori right now.

"Before you give me the silent treatment," Inori began as she leaned in close and swiped the liner over the girl's other eye. "You can't go to set smelling like smoke-"

"Are you forgetting my character?" Anomie's sassy remark caused Kakashi to scoff whilst he turned a page.

"And you can't gain any more weight," Inori retorted. "It doesn't just affect you. It affects your character as well."

"One medium sized fries isn't going to magically make my butt too big to fit in my kimono." As if to make a point, Anomie grabbed her fries from the trash (seeing as they hadn't spilled from the box) and stuffed one into her mouth. She ignored Inori's grossed out expression "See. My ass is still flat enough for you to write on."

Kakashi scoffed again while Inori counted to ten.

"Rome wasn't built in a day, so these calories will gather. Don't cry to me in two weeks when you find you can't fit into your pants," Inori scolded, to which Anomie replied with stuffing a handful of fries into her mouth causing the woman to storm out with a huff.

"Mature," Kakashi commented, and Anomie glanced over at him, mid chew.

"Aren't you reading porn right now?" she stated after she swallowed.

"Shit," Anomie grumbled as she laid on her back in attempts to use gravity to yank up her leather pants. "Gravity sucks." It was mid tug that Inori walked in, only to stop in her tracks.

"What are you doing?"

"Uh...exercising?" Anomie replied.

"I need a pen and a paper," Inori said, causing Anomie's brows to furrow.

"Wha-?"

"Well, your ass is flat enough to make a note? Although, as it is now, I think the paper will crinkle."

"Fuck you."

Author's Note

Okay, so this is a behind the scenes chapter to remind myself that I can write something un-depressing. When I created Anomie, it was my plan to make her someone who had a troubled life, and goes down this really dark path and becomes a much better person at the end of the tunnel. To be honest, I never planned on making Anomie and Kakashi even end up together as I wanted her to be the focus as a prostitute in Naruto's universe. I always planned for her to be descended from the smoke clan from the filler episodes of Naruto (that is why I called the series Chasing Smoke after all). I wanted her to be flirtatious and charming and pretty. I didn't want to slut shame or make light of the issues of underage prostitution and what being exposed to that life does to a person. I didn't want Kakashi to be the one to heal her or any of that cliche stuff. I don't even fully know if they will end up together because I have this story mapped out-plotwise, but their relationship will end up a surprise to me at the end.

I had planned this story to go along side two others that I will have uploaded (one already is), because it's branched off and I create things not fully explained (like Tsukasa) because I explain their side in a different story. Such as Sakura being forced from the ninja life, what happens with that won't be detailed with Anomie's story because there isn't room and Anomie doesn't care about these people and this is her story.

If things seem like I am creating this story chapter by chapter, I apologize, and I will try and tidy things up soon enough. I love the Naruto universe, so I wanted to make an OC with a backstory I haven't read in other fanfiction for Naruto before, and it's a work in progress but I hope it gets less depressing soon cause I'm a comedy writer, but Anomie isn't a happy character so I don't fully know how to add comedic relief in the chapters while her life is as it is.

So that's why I posted this behind the scenes thing, as it's usually what I do to pass the time and thinking about Kakashi as an actor is fun. So is picturing Orochimaru getting his makeup done and fitted for a wig. It looks amusing.

Anyway, I'm done talking. Thank you for reading and I hope you all continue to support me in the future. Thank you! :D