Ēderuwaisu

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
____________
–•–

      THE SUN WAS STILL IN SLUMBER WHEN ANOMIE AWOKE

THE SUN WAS STILL IN SLUMBER WHEN ANOMIE AWOKE. Kakashi's back was to her and her eyes focused on his broad shoulders and the way the material of his jacket remained in tact with the tiniest wrinkles from where he laid. She found the action of reaching towards him to touch his shoulder to be much too difficult. Instead, she reached into her bag and pulled out a summoning scroll. It was such a simple item, but she knew a single touch would send him back to that forest where Itachi was likely waiting for him.

      When she went to grab his hand, his body disappeared in a cloud of smoke. The actual Kakashi made himself known as he walked into the cave, book in hand. She glanced towards him, slightly ashamed that she couldn't tell he had been a mere clone. "If you don't trust me, then just say so," Anomie stated with a cold bat of her lashes.

      Kakashi sat next to the fire, his skeptical gaze lingering on her for a moment longer, "I don't trust you."

      "I'm only trying to send you back. Are you not home-sick?" she said and when Anomie stood, the bags under her eyes became more apparent.

      "You misunderstand—nothing has changed and I won't leave without fulfilling my mission," he replied and Anomie chuckled, her disheveled hair bobbing over her shoulders. She wanted to touch him when he spoke. Her fingers spoke for her when they twitched and fisted the material of the blanket.

      "Do you want to kiss me as badly as I want to kiss you?" she asked and Kakashi frowned.

      "Don't play games with me, Anomie," he commented.

      Her smile disappeared and he saw her face go blank. "You know you want to kiss me. Who is playing the games here?"

      He let out a sigh, "you are exhausting."

      "How long have you pined for me Kakashi? Be honest. Is Orochimaru's location what you actually want cause I could make some rather juicy fantasies come true," she slipped her shoulder from her top, leaning forward as her white hair scattered over her skin. "I heal incredibly fast, you can thank Hashirama's Chakra infusions for that."

      Anomie hadn't meant to admit to that, and she saw Kakashi's eyes slightly widen as the wheels in his brain began to put together what she said.

      "You were one of Orochimaru's experimentations," he commented and she felt her lips form into a tepid frown. He had asked her if she had been in contact with Orochimaru in the past, before her life came crashing down. When she told him she had nothing to do with any experiments or theories about her Chakra she had, of course, lied.

      "I am offering you what you wanted," she replied. "Is Orochimaru really taking up your mind? Careful Kakashi, I am starting to get jealous."