Dējī

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
____________
–•–

        SHE HAD BEEN TOLD MANY TIMES IN THE PAST THAT SHE HAD A FACE THAT WAS beautiful, but that it was a shame her personality was so lacking

      "Holy shit," stated the vibrant voice from behind her. Anomie, always one for nimble and fast reflexes, quickly took out one of the katanas from the seal on the palm of her hand and swung it behind her with timely grace. It was met with a cling of steel, a bit too loud considering she was trying to be incognito. The man's eyes were a vibrant silver, a trademark of the Izana clan, and his lips were curled into a calm smile. "You are just gorgeous."

      "That's a bit weird a comment for someone attacking me from behind," Anomie told him, pushing him back and jumping forward so her next blow was much harder. He blocked it by grabbing onto her wrist and pulling her body forward so every inch rubbed against his.

      "If you saw yourself you'd understand," he told her and she raised her brow. The wind blew her hair forward until strands cupped her cheeks and his.

      "You're giving me a rather rape-y vibe. You know that right?" Anomie attempted to move back but his grip was like iron. She tilted her head to the side as he pulled her closer.

      "It's not rape if I make you beg," he said with a grin. "Afterwards, of course, I'll kill you. But let's just focus on the now."

      "Wow," Anomie leaned in closer, running her free hand up to his arm and resting it at his hand. "How about I give you a counteroffer." Her voice lowered to one rather husky, leaning forward so her lips rested against his ear. "Let's just chop off the pine needle in between your legs and fuck you with it. How does that sound, love?"

      He let out a booming laugh, digging her own blade into her throat. "The foreplay is always my favorite part."

      She turned into smoke and slipped past him. "Do we have to fight now? I'm a little busy. Can't I just kill you another time?"

      "No. It's a competition for your head. So much money. So little time."

      "I can respect that," she said and he laughed, moving his hands for a quick Jutsu. It was a fire type, and a blast of flames rushed towards her. She unleashed the small bird of the Ho'ou and in one flap of its wing, it absorbed the flames before perching on her head.

      "Well, that's just annoying. What summoning is that?" The Izana man took an irritated step forward, and she lifted her hand and the Ho'ou jumped on her finger. The heat of its body seared into her skin, but it left no mark as if she were made of steel.

      Anomie didn't answer as it flapped its wings one more time and the same fire Jutsu he used shot back at him, only it was concentrated and controlled and when he dodged, it disappeared.