A Carol On Christmas

"Hate, hate, hate, Hate, hate, hate. Double hate. Loathe entirely."
- THE GRINCH

DISCLAIMER: THIS STORY WILL FEATURE ALL OF THE CHARACTERS (OC) OF MY 'FATES' SERIES

DISCLAIMER: THIS STORY WILL FEATURE ALL OF THE CHARACTERS (OC) OF MY 'FATES' SERIES. SO THAT INCLUDES: ANOMIE, TSUKASA, AND SHION. I WILL HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS SPECIAL SO YOU WON'T NEED TO READ ANY OF THE WORKS (IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THEM) TO UNDERSTAND. PLEASE ENJOY.

       "TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS, WHEN ALL THE CHILDREN WERE SLEEPING that the presents were taken," Shion said, using excessive hand motions to liven up her story. The mission was by far a peaceful one, of which Anomie felt an increasing amount of boredom. Still, looking at the pink haired girl who was quick to use the awkward silence to fill the gaps with a made up story.

      "Don't look so bored." Kakashi turned a page in his book, barely looking up at the white haired woman who continued to wish for a violent attack just so she could do something other than listen to Shion speak. "The kids can sense it."

       "Oh no," Anomie said with a sarcastic scoff. "I would hate that."

      "Laugh about it now. Watch them decide not to leave you alone," Kakashi said, flipping another page and making Anomie doubt he was even reading the book at all. His voice dropped into a whisper while Shion continued to tell her story even louder than before. Were Anomie six years old, she might have tried listening. "They sense fear."

      Anomie decided to sit down next to him, entranced by the warmth of the fire and the glow of the embers. "I am not afraid."

      "Sure you're not." Kakashi glanced over to her through hooded lashes. "Have you ever held a kid before, Anomie?"

      Anomie pursed her lips, recalling a couple years back when she grabbed Karin like a ball and tossed her towards Kimimaru. "Sure I have."

     "I don't like that pause." Kakashi couldn't stop the wry smile from crossing his face, but felt thankful that it was covered by his mask. "Either way. Continue moping, they will all swarm you."

      "This sounds like a lose lose to me," Anomie told him with a casual brush of her hair back. Kakashi watched silky strands fall over her shoulder and had to visibly restrain himself from tracing her bare collar bone with his fingertips. After all, they were apparently on some sort of break from their relationship. Not together, but not separated. In hindsight, Kakashi hated his idea and he could barely remember his reasons for choosing to abide by it. Vaguely, he recalled something about how they should figure out who they were as people before they co-dependently clash against one another in a torrent.

      Anomie was all too quick to agree, and that actually made it harder. This went especially so when she decided to wear such low cut winter kimonos, despite his begging for her to bundle up. He would say that she was doing it on purpose, but he knew her well enough to know that was not her style.