Tsuta

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
____________
–•–

        IN HINDSIGHT, ANOMIE MIGHT HAVE A SMALL CHANCE IN A FAIR FIGHT against even that of Orochimaru

        IN HINDSIGHT, ANOMIE MIGHT HAVE A SMALL CHANCE IN A FAIR FIGHT against even that of Orochimaru. Still, he had never been one to fight fair.

       "It has been a long time, Fuyu-chan," Orochimaru's voice made Anomie want to stab him, but unfortunately, with them both being projections that scenario was very unlikely. The rest of the Akatsuki surrounded them in a circle, making the room grow with tension that likely didn't much affect the sociopaths that resided in league with the red clouded cult.

"It has, and yet it feels like I see you everywhere. The assassination attempts have been been very funny," she clicked her tongue and raised her hand to hold up a circle of praise with her pointer finger and thumb.

"I don't believe I know what you are talking about," Orochimaru replied, and Anomie scoffed with a slowly growing smile.

"Of course. What was I thinking?" she said, hearing Kisame chuckle from next to her. He didn't look too different from last time she saw him nearly snapping Tetsuna Hyūga's neck on the bodyguard mission so many years ago. "Did the abdomen wound heal okay?"

"I lived," Kisame replied with a grin at the memory of Anomie's fist puncturing through Tetsuna's chest in order to wound him. "Your comrade, however, did not. I never got a chance to say how amusing that was."

"Was that not the mission that got you suspended, Fuyu-chan?" Orochimaru's voice made Anomie's eyes narrow.

"No. Funny story. My suspension was brought about because some manipulative asshole with a scalpel and minimal medical knowledge framed me for killing quite a few children," Anomie retorted with just as much sarcasm.

"Minimal medical knowledge," Orochimaru snickered, but Anomie was able to see that she had at least offended him.

"Tobi is here and is a good boy," Tobi exclaimed as his hologram appeared in their very unhappy circle.

"Anomie is here and wishing Tobi wasn't," Anomie retorted with a roll of her eyes, having had quite enough of Tobi's playful and so obviously fake demeanor. Simply put, she trusted him less and less everyday.

"I thought we were friends, An-chan," Tobi said in a pouty voice.

"Fuyu-chan hardly can keep a friend," Orochimaru said with a raspy chuckle.

"I seem to recall that your friend has tried to kill you a couple times. Maybe you've heard of him? White hair? Likes boobs a little too much? Probably overcompensating in some shape or form. I would not insult my lack of friends, considering you can barely keep a specimen alive let alone a friend," Anomie replied, an Kisame chuckled from next to her.

"I think what you two need is a nice and friendly fight to the death," Kisame said with a sharp toothed grin.

"I'll show you something nice and friendly," Anomie promised him with a quick lash that made his sharp grin widen.