Ki Ayame

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
____________
–•–

      IT WAS NO SECRET THAT BY NOW, ALL ANOMIE'S THOUGHTS ALWAYS SEEMED TO direct themselves right back to gaining power

IT WAS NO SECRET THAT BY NOW, ALL ANOMIE'S THOUGHTS ALWAYS SEEMED TO direct themselves right back to gaining power. For her, who had been abused and humiliated all her life, power was the one thing that could solve all her problems. Even as a courtesan, she sought what little power she could get, making friends, ruining competition, and being the best.

Danger. That was what the stone felt like the moment Anomie had it alone in her palms. It was small, but it carried a weight about it that made her want to drop it. However, she could use it. She could use it for leverage. She could use it for power. She could give it to Orochimaru and he could give her Rin's soul.

Anomie squeezed her fingers around the blood-red crystal. She half expected it to break, but no matter how hard her fingers curled, it was unchanging.

Jiraiya was likely lamenting himself for trusting her and allowing her to get so close. That was fine. She deserved that and more. What she did wasn't her finest moment of manipulation, especially since it involved betraying someone she actually trusted.

If anything, Jiraiya had been more like a father to her than anyone else. Or perhaps that was a bad comparison since she did sleep with him no more than 48 hours ago and she didn't exactly hate it. Anomie never had a father so it was hard to say what it felt like.

Thinking about Jiraiya was a bit difficult since she did and was betraying him by taking it after he was knocked out. It wasn't like he loved her and she sure as fuck didn't know how to love anyone. It didn't matter how much she tried to do the right thing. Everything went askew and now here she was, holding the power to control a demon and she was still contemplating giving it to a snake who would abuse it and bring only death.

     It would get me Rin.

Anomie had done so much for this world, and she followed every order. Was it so wrong that she took something for herself? Was it so wrong to have her sister back?

She squeezed her palms around the stone that she had no right to hold. She could do so much with it. She could change things with all these demons at her backing. Anomie leaned her back against the wall, the house that she first came to with Rin. It was still intact and empty, Anomie didn't know where the new owners left and she didn't ask questions before she slipped inside.

To gain access to Konoha from the Izana was a simple matter of giving and taking. She promised to bring them any special artifacts she found under the Akatsuki and they promised to allow her entrance whenever suited them. Lucky for her, with the matter of the stone, they weren't a clan to hold grudges. If anything, Kira was unlikely to say she lost her hold of it since the prospect was humiliating.