1~Crash and burn

A slamming door and a lesson learned
I let another lover crash and burn

Hello, and thank you for choosing to read "New Love". I got the inspiration to write this after reading several fan fictions about Tyler Seguin. I hope y'all enjoy reading my story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat in my truck, and took a moment to let everything sink in. I thought everything was going just fine, but it turns out I was wrong. It's funny how two amazing years of your life can be thrown away by 5 little words.

"I'm breaking up with you." Thomas managed to spit out, angrily, after our big fight.

I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was drowning under water, and he was looking down at me. Watching me die, painfully slow.

I start my truck up and back out of the parking space. I needed to go home and clear my mind up of things.

~~~

Once home, I got out of my truck, and ran immediately to the stables. I stopped when I got to, my horse, Jesse's stall.

The tears, at this point, were like waterfalls. They wouldn't stop, almost as if they were being motivated by some foreign presence.

I slid into the stall, and changed her halter out for a bridle. I don't bother putting on her saddle. I didn't have time to. I needed to get out of there as soon as possibly, and as far out as possible to recover.

I clicked to my horse, and she started going to the place where I go to think. On of our old hunting blinds in the woods. I've gone there so many times that she knows the way.

~~~

I finally get my train of thought together as I heard my phone start going off. I looked at the caller I.D., and saw that it was my best friend, Bo Johnson.

I picked up the phone with a half smile. "Hey Bo."

"Hey, Bray. I was wondering if you wanted to come watch the team at our game today at 7:30?" Bo was in the AHL (American Hockey League). He was a defenseman for the Texas Stars, and was pretty good at it.

I didn't have to think about my answer. "I'd love to come." I replied as I sniffled.

"Is everything ok?" Bo quized me, noticing something was wrong.

I shook my head and forgot that I was on the phone with him, not talking face to face. "Yeah, everything's fine. I'll see you at the game around 6, that way I can catch you before warm ups?"

"Sounds good." Bo knew something was up, but didn't want to force it out of her. "Bye."

"Ok. Bye." I said before I ended the call.

I looked at the time. 4:45. Crap, that leaves me with 45 minutes to get ready.

I mounted Jesse, and rode back to my house.

~~~

Once I got home, I jumped into the shower. After I got out of the shower, I looked to go find my Texas Stars shirt, and a pair of denim skinny jeans. I blow dried my hair, and pulled it back into a high pony tail. There. Finally, I was done getting ready, and I had just enough time to get to the arena by 6.

~~~

I arrive at exactly 6:00. I sprint to the doors, hoping Bo reserved a ticket for me. Luckily, he did. I greeted the lady selling tickets with a smile, and asked for my ticket.

Once I was in, I found my way down to ice level, and started walking towards the locker room. Bo walked out of the locker room in half his gear.

"Bray Bray!" He said jogging up to me, and engulfing me in a big bear hug.

"Bo Bo!" I try to exclaim back in the same, excited tone.

"Are you ready to watch us win?" Bo asked while reading my body language.

"I sure am. Just try not to get in a fight this game. I didn't like the double-minor you had to serve last game." I playfully punched him in the shoulder. "That guy looked pretty rough after you got done with him."

Bo laughed. "Yeah, right. That guy was a total douche, and got what was coming to him."

"It's 6:30, and you're not fully geared up. I suggest you go in that locker room, and finish suiting up." I point out, and I motion my head towards the locker room.

Bo nodded. "Yeah, I think I should, too." He laughed a little, and opened his arms for another hug.

I returned the hug, and kissed his cheek in a friendly way. "Good luck! Oh, and remember, no fights tonight." I warned him again as he walked off.

"I know, I know." Bo hollered back at me annoyed.

As Bo walked into the locker room, another man walked out. He looked my way, and proceeded to check me out.

I blushed a bit, and turned around to go find my seat.

I wondered who he was, and if I'd get to meet him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Feel free to leave comments on your opinion of the story. I'd love to hear some feedback. (:

Keep an eye out for the second chapter here in a couple days!