Chapter 45

It's almost time to go back to Dallas. Hockey season is just around the corner, with it being August and all.

Tyler mentioned taking me out before we head back to Dallas.

I️ happily agreed. Time alone with him? I'd accept that offer any day.

That leads to where I️ am now. Standing in my bathroom looking at my reflection.

Black v-neck, red and black plaid flannel, blue jeans, and knee high boots.

Once I'm satisfied with my outfit, I grab my keys and phone and walk outside to the truck Tyler is patiently waiting in.

I️ hop into the cab and Tyler doesn't waste any time and speeds off.

As we go, I️ quietly hum along to the music and enjoy the ride.

Not much is said on the way there. We save the conversation for our night alone.

We make it to our destination.

Tyler gets out and starts unloading pillows and blankets out of the backseat of the truck.

"What's this, Ty?" I️ ask as I️ look at all the stuff he keeps pulling out.

He shrugs and smiles. "Oh nothing. Just a romantic date."

I️ roll my eyes and help him pull out more and more blankets and more pillows. "You always keep my guessing, Tyler Paul."

That makes him smirk as he throws down a blanket and starts filling pillows in on top to make a softer place to lay down.

Once he's done, the bed of the truck is now looking very comfortable.

We climb into the bed and get situated.

Tyler pulls out a picnic basket and begins pulling out what he brought along.

I️ watch as he pulls a bottle of wine out from the basket and sets it out.

"Is there any particular reason why you asked me out on this date?" I️ questioned.

~Tyler's POV~

"Is there any particular reason why you asked me out on this date?" Braelynn questioned as she poured herself a glass of wine.

I️ smile and laugh under my breath a bit. "Is it a sin to ask my beautiful girlfriend out on a date?"

She looked up from the rim of the wine glass. "No, I'm just curious. I mean we could have done this after we went back to Dallas."

I️ shake my head. "It's just a romantic get away before we go back and I️ get too busy to do stuff like this with you."

Braelynn nods her head and takes another sip of wine. "What all are we doing on this romantic date?" She slyly slipped closer to me.

I️ smile. I️ have a few tricks up my sleeve. "Well, I️ thought we could eat, obviously, then go on a walk and then come back and star gaze."

Braelynn smiled, before taking another bite of food.

After a bit more of conversing and two glasses of wine later, I️ help Braelynn down off the tailgate and we begin walking. The sun is starting to go down and the woods surrounding us are gorgeous.

We walk hand in hand aimlessly, as far as she knows.

Braelynn tugs on my arm and turns to me, "You know, we never really talk about our future together. What will it be like 5 years from now? 10 years? Like our hopes, our dreams. The big picture of it all."