Chapter 33

By far one of my favorite pictures of Tyler. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyler pulls out his suit case from the trunk of the car, and looks over at me. "I'm gonna miss you." He pouted. 

I sighed before letting him pull me in for a hug. "I don't like the way the house feels when you're not here. It feels too empty. Marshall and Cash are good at snuggling, but it's not the same when it's not you that I'm snuggling with. Do you really have to go?" It was now my turn to pout.

Tyler chuckles and lets me go. "Yes, I have to go, but we can FaceTime whenever I'm not doing something."

"But that's not the same." 

"I know it's not, baby girl, but it's all we can do." 

I hug him again and stand up on the tips of my toes to  kiss his cheek. "Good luck on game 3 and 4. I hope you do good, and don't forget to score a goal for me." My voice sounds more sad than intended.

Tyler kisses the crown of my head. "I'll be back before you know it."

I nod and use the lapels of his suit to pull his head down to mine and place a few soft kisses on his lips. "I love you."

A smile spreads across his face. "And I love you." 

I smile back before he turns to check in. 

~~~

"Braelynn!" Lacey's voice comes across the line. 

"How can you be so happy when your boyfriend just left for 5 days?" 

"Because I know it's what they have to do to get a Cup. I'm ok with it  just as long as they bring home that Cup here in June." She explained. "I'm taking it that you're sad that Tyler left?"

"Yeah. I hate it when Tyler has to go." I whine to Lacey.

"Come over and we can do something together." Lacey offers up.

"Alright. I'll be over there in a few." I say before hanging up and making my way to my room.

Blair follows behind me along side Cash, who she recently befriended. 

Marshall hung back and acted as the odd man out. 

The room is a bit of a mess from Tyler trying to decide what to take with him. His button up shirts are thrown all over the foot of the bed, and his suit pants and jackets are all laying across the couch on the far side of the room. I decide to just leave the mess the way it is, and move into the closet to find a pair of leggings and one of Tyler's shirts. After getting dressed, I slide on a pair of converse and fix my hair in the bathroom mirror.

I let the boys and Blair out before putting them in their crates and pulling the keys off the table by the garage. 

~~~

Lacey opens the door before I get the chance to knock, and pulls me inside. "Help me get ready. We're gonna go shopping." 

"We're going shopping, and I came dressed like this?" I say, motioning to my outfit.

"It looks fine. I was gonna wear one of Jamie's shirts, too." Lacey shrugged as she lead me back into their room. She walks into the closet and comes back out in a pair of light skinny jeans with holes in various places. She began to fix her hair in the mirror.

"Wow, Lace, your ass looks good in them jeans." I laugh as I secretly want a butt like hers.

Lacey shakes her hips a bit. "Thank ya." She laughs as she brushes her hair out. She finished with her hair and make up and turns around to find her purse. "I just have to find my purse and we can go."