26~Heartbreak

~Tyler's POV~

Braelynn changes the station for about the thousandth time. I chuckle silently to myself just watching her. She bits her bottom lip as she changes the staton, and obviously has no idea how sexy she looks. It doesn't help that she's in my jersey either. She eventually notices me watching her and smiles at me. "What, Mr. Seguin?" She asks as she leaves the radio where it is.

I shake my head, returning my attention to the road. "Nothing. I just have the worlds most gorgeous girl in my front seat, and she just doesn't seem to know what she's doing to me right now." 

Braelynn rolls her eyes. "Tyler, I have a boyfriend. You know this."

My grip tightens on the wheel of my Mercedes Benz. "Why didn't you tell me that before I took you to my house?" I ask her as I look between her and the road. 

Braelynn shifts in her seat to shrink into the back of the seat. "I.. I really don't know, Tyler. I should have told you after we kissed in the locker room, but I couldn't. Truth be told, I miss you. I really do. I just can't see myself without Wade in my life. When I decided to leave, I was a mess. He found me and slowly repaired me. Piece by piece. He saw me at my worst and did all he could to change that. I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if I broke his heart. I can't even comprehend what you think of me after that night. I don't even know how you were able to forgive me. I haven't forgiven myself. I'm-" She cut herself off and began crying. "I'm sorry.. I can't do any of this." She continued to cry, making my heart break. 

I reached across the center consol to grab Braelynn's hand. "I don't blame you, Braelynn. If anything, I blame Val. He shouldn't have done what he did. None of that was your fault. After you left, every night was excruciatingly painful. I would lay down in bed and find that your side was cold. You had just up rooted everything with me and went without even saying bye. Jamie had to drive me home from countless parties when I was drunk off my ass, and unable to even stand on my own. You leaving me was the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I can't lose you again, Braelynn. The first time was hard enough. I can't go through that again this time." I say as I rub my thumb over her hand. 

I pull up to what I believe is Wade's house and I turn to face Braelynn. "I can't live without you for another minute of my life." I whisper and wipe a tear that's rolling down her cheek. Seeing her cry feels like someone ripped my heart out of my chest and smashed it with a sledge hammer. 

Braelynn looks up into my eyes, then looks down at our interlaced hands. 

I place two fingers under her jaw and gently pull her head up so that her eyes connect with mine again. I slowly lean in and connect our lips together. In my stomach, fireworks explode as I kiss Braelynn. Words can't explain what it feels like to kiss her. I deepen the kiss as I move closer to her.

Braelynn puts her fingers in my hair and begins pulling gently. She uses her other hand to steady herself on the center consol.

There's a knocking on the passenger side window, and Braelynn jumps away from the kiss.

I look up and see a guy who's about 4 inches shorter than I am, and seems to be pissed off. This must be Wade.

Braelynn grabs her belongings and moved to open the door. "Bye, Tyler. And I'm sorry.." She opens the door and gets out while saying something to the guy. 

The guy looks at me after Braelynn says something to him. He gives me the go-to-hell look.

After getting out of the car, I go around to talk to him. "You must be Wade." I say expending my hand to him.

"I don't know who the fuck you are, but you better get out of here." He tries to threaten me as he's literally looking up at me.

I chuckle a bit. "I'm sorry, but I can't leave without the girl I fell in love with almost a year ago. That's not the kind of thing you can just leave behind."