18~The Big D

Tyler pulls into a rather large apartment complex, and puts the jeeps in park. "I guess we're here." He said as he looked up at the building.

Our hour flight here consisted of listening to a little girl eating Cheerios loudly, and having an older man behind us snoring even more loudly.

Man, I won't ever miss flying. Yeah it's cool and all, but the general public makes it obnoxious.

~~~

Tyler unlocked the door, exposing a fully furnished interior.

I walked in and leave my suitcase by the door. I wander around, taking in the whole house.

"Wow, it's a nice place." I say as I find myself in the kitchen. The countertops were black marble with iridescent splotches scattered within it.

The cabinets were close to a mahogany color. The kitchen gave me a warm feeling. It felt comforting.

Next was the living room. There was a huge flat screen tv mounted to the wall with the front door. In front of it laid a 3 piece couch set. A single seat, a love seat, and a triple seater. All of them were made out of leather.

The master bedroom was down the hall, and to the right. In the center of the room, a king sized mattress was backed up to the wall. The frame came up into a canopy, and the fabric hanging from the top matched the comforter. There were two large, white dressers on either side of the room.

The bathroom had a stand up shower, and a bathtub. It had the female sink, with much more counter space than the male sink did, and of course the male sink.

Between the sinks is where the tub sat. The shower stood next off to the left of the male sink.

~~~

Tyler eventually got all the boxes into the house. He wiped some sweat from his brow. It may be mid September, but the Texas heat showed no sign of lifting anytime soon.

I immediately get ready opening the first box and begin unpacking.

Tyler retires to the couch to cool off. "Hey, Bray, tomorrow I've got my first skate with the Stars, so I won't be here when you wake up."

I nodded without turning to him. "Are you nervous?" I quizzed him as I unwrapped a picture frame from the bubble wrap and searched for a spot to place it.

He thought for a moment. "Sorta, I mean it's a new team and I don't know anyone just yet. I'm sure I'll find my place before the first game. At least I hope I do."

I turned around, an eyebrow arched. "Why wouldn't you?" I wondered aloud.

He sat up, and leaned over the back of the couch. "I don't know. I mean I'm gonna be fidgety tomorrow, and it's gonna be hard to show what I actually have, ya know?"

I nodded, though I don't know exactly what he was talking about. "You'll do fine." I say as I offer a confident smile. "Now get up and help me unpack this stuff."

He groaned as he rolled off the couch and stood to his feet.

~~~

~Tyler's POV~

"There's a want and there's a need, there's a history between girls like her and guys like me. Cowboys and angels
I've got boots and she's got wings, I'm hell on wheels and she's heavenly. I'd die for her and she lives for me. Cowboys and angels" Braelynn sang and swayed along with the music as it played through my speaker.

I stepped in behind her right before she turned around, causing her to practically fall into my chest. I begin swaying with her. I place my hand on her lower back, and reach to hold her other hand out. She accepts it, and follows my lead as we sway along to the music. I suddenly drop the hand from her back, and using my other to spin her. Once she makes a full rotation, I replace my hand on her lower back, and pull her closer to me.

"You're sweet, I'm wild, we're dangerous," I change the lyrics up a bit," Cowboys and Angels." I sing to her softly.

Any giggles as she keeps one of her hands in mine and the other rests on my chest. She steps on my feet a few times, but it doesn't bother me much.

The song ends, and she has her head resting on my chest on he opposide of where her hand is resting. She looks up at me, and my heart skips a beat. I cup my hands under her chin, lifting her chin lightly, and brushing my lips against hers. "You're beautiful." I said as we locked eyes.

A slight blush came to her face. She laughed. "You're such a romantic!" She teased me as she playfully swatted my left arm.

I smile and let her go. "We should probably start getting ready for bed. I want to see you at the arena in the morning." I walked off to the master bedroom before she has time to respond.

~Braelynn's POV~

Tyler got ready to go to bed. Instead of using his pillow, like a normal human being would, he decided to fall asleep on my stomach. I lay in bed with my back up against the head board watching tv while I run my hand through his hair. Eventually, Tyler starts snoring and it gets too loud to hear the tv over. I silently chuckle to myself as I wriggle my way out from underneath him.

I go into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Once I'm done, I take off the shirt of Tyler's that I was wearing, and throw it on the ground next to the bed. I'll deal with it in the morning tomorrow.

I find a way to get back into bed, and as soon as I lay up against Tyler, his arms wrap around me and pull me closer to his body.

"Goodnight Bray." He mumbles in an encredibly sexy way.

I smile and kiss his neck as I snuggle into it to go to sleep.

Tyler falls asleep again, and I'm the next to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: sorry for the short updates. It's starting to get on my nerves, so here soon I'll start making them longer and more interesting!

I'd also like to take a moment to thank everyone who's been reading my story. You all are the real MVP's. Just saying.