Chapter 38

I stretch, trying not to move too much as to not wake up Braelynn. We got in late last night due to a later flight I had booked.

Braelynn's mouth is slightly open and her hair is spread out across the pillow case. She looks so peaceful.

With a steady hand, I reach up and slowly brush a piece of hair off of her cheek.

Braelynn inhales sharply and opens up her eyes. A smile immediately comes onto her face as she sees me.

"Good morning." I smile back at her while still rubbing her cheek, "how'd you sleep?"

Braelynn yawns and stretches before answering, "Pretty good. How about you?"

I take in my view before replying, "I couldn't have slept any better."

Braelynn moves in closer to place a soft kiss on my lips, "So what do you want to do for our first day here on the Palominos islands?"

I push back the same piece of hair that fell on her face and shrug. "We can do anything you want. We're here for two weeks so we don't have to do everything on the first day."

Braelynn moves off the bed and takes the sheets with her. She drops the sheets as she walks into the bathroom, exposing her perfect curves. She looks back at me with a smirk on her face. "Take a picture. It'll last longer."

"Is that sass I hear?" I arc an eyebrow at her before I push myself off the bed.

Braelynn raises an eyebrow back at me. "Maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't."

I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her waist. "Get your swim suit on. We're going to the beach." I nip playfully at her ear before opening my suitcase to find my swim trunks. My hand brushes the velvet box that I hid in the bottom of my suit case.

I look up and find that Braelynn is slipping on a bikini with white string bottoms and an ombréd top that's white at the top and a bottom it's a light blue.

I slide on my swim trunks before eyeing Braelynn more.

Braelynn slips on high waisted jeans and a white flowy cardigan.

I whistle at her, causing her to look up at me with a slight blush on her face.

Braelynn walks over to me and hands me a shirt. "Put this on. I don't need to have some random girls walk up to you and have a conversation about your abs."

I chuckle and take the shirt from her. "We can't have that happening, now can we?"

Braelynn shakes her head and goes back into the bathroom, returning a moment later with a few towels in hand.

I open the door of our rented beach house to the smell of water and salt. The only thing you can hear are seagulls squawking their annoying chirps and the calming motion of the waves crashing into the shore.

Braelynn walks out the door but waits for me before stepping off the front porch. "This place is gorgeous." She smiles, looking everywhere before looking at me.

"You're even more gorgeous." I state, a smile pulling on the corners of my mouth.

Braelynn's smile grows before she takes my hand to lead me to the beach. "That's corny, but it'a cute."

I follow behind Braelynn, chuckling to myself, being careful not to step on her flip flops. "Corny or not, I say it because it's true."

Braelynn looks back at me, the sun shines on her blue eyes, making them a blue topaz color. "We'll aren't you just the romantic?" A smile accompanies her face along with her eyes, which are practically glowling.