10~Big steps

"I say 'Hey, hey, baby do you wanna come over?' You say 'No way', then you move in closer. Next thing I know you're in my T-Shirt, right there. Your hair, messed up like a Guns-N-Roses video. Oh, oh, so hot. Still got it up in my head, you were movin' around in the TV light. I ain't ever seen anything like -your dress -my floor -the way -you wore -my, my T-Shirt." I sang along to Thomas Rhett on the way home.

I pulled into my usual place of the driveway once I arrived.

My phone springs to life, buzzing, signaling a phone call. A smile breaks out on my face as I see that it's Tyler.

I answer it. "Hey Ty." I'm still excited about him moving up to the NHL.

I hear a voice talking in the background, and eventually Tyler responds. "Hey, Bray. Wanna go out to eat or something tonight?" He sounds a bit nervous, but I shrug it off. It could just be the fact that he's debuting in the NHL soon.

I close my car door, and make my way towards the house. "Um, yeah. Sure. I'd love to." My smile widens a bit. I must look like a fool right now.

Tyler chuckles. "That didn't sound like a very confident answer." Tyler paused. "Let me re-phrase that, it didn't sound like your normal answer."

I laugh. "Yeah, no, I want to go out to dinner with you tonight." I smirk, forgetting he can't see me. "Was that more like my 'normal answer'?"

Tyler laughed at my sarcasm. "There's the Bray I know." I can hear the smile laced in his words. "I'll pick you up around.. 6 ish?"

"That sounds great." I say, not even knowing what time it is currently. "I'll see you then."

Tyler cuts in before I hang up. "Oh, and wear something dressy. I'll be wearing a tux." Then he proceeds to hang up the phone.

~~~

I chose to wear a royal blue dress that was tight on my torso, and loosened up around the waist down. It goes with a black belt that goes around the tight part of the torso.

I'm wearing black 3 inch heels, hoping I'd be closer to Tyler's height for once.

I curled my hair, and put on some light makeup. Mascara, blush, and a little eye shadow.

I descended the stairs, and went to find my mom. I saw she was busy cleaning the kitchen.

"Hey mom, I'm going to dinner with Tyler. He's getting moved up to the NHL soon.  So I guess it's kinda like a celebratory dinner." I say as I motion towards my dress.

She looks up from the kitchen counter. "Alright, baby, have fun... Just not too much fun." She playfully winked at me.

I blushed. "Mom..." Then I smiled.

She-my mom- smiled back at me in a motherly way.

Then the door bell rang.

"How do I look?" I asked, spinning in a circle so she could see the whole dress and the heels.

Her smile widened. "You look amazing. Now, don't keep him waiting. Go answer that door." She gasped, shoving me gently towards the front door.

I stumble forwards, catching myself on the counter top. "Mom." I look back at her as I walk out of the kitchen.

I open the front door and see Tyler. I have never seen a man look so good in a tux before. "Wow, just when I thought you couldn't get any sexier." I tease.

A crooked smile crosses Tyler's face. "Forget about how I look, look at you." He said taking my hand and slowly spinning me around as if we were dancing.

I let out a giggle. "I don't look that good." A blush suddenly finds its way to my cheeks.

"Oh, but you do. It also looks like you've grown a bit." He mentions as he looks down at my heels. "We better get going. Don't wanna hit traffic on the way there." He leads me to his car and opens the door for me.

~~~

We arrive at a high end restaurant. When I say high end, I mean high end. The least expensive thing on the menu is $52.

"Tyler, we didn't have to come to this nice of a restaurant." I feel like I'm taking advantage of his wealth.

Tyler laughs. "Cmon Bray, loosen up. I can afford it. Plus, you're worth the price." He put on one of his famous half smiles, that I totally dig.

I look from the ridiculously high priced menu, to Tyler. "Really, Ty, this is a little much. I feel like I'm taking advantage of you..."

Tyler smiles. "You're worth it. Stop worrying, and figure out what you want. I don't think you're taking advantage of me."

~~~

After ordering, the waiter brought out our meals.

Tyler looked a bit nervous. That's a bit off. Normally he's a cocky, hotshot.

A couple fans come over, asking politely to have a picture and some autographs. My eyes light up watching him interacting with them.

Once they walked off, he looked back at me, deep into my eyes.

"Braelynn, I have a question.." Tyler confesses, messing with the napkin on the table.

"Yeah?" I lean in a bit closer.

"I was wondering if you'd like to move up to Dallas with me." He looks from the napkin to me with hopeful eyes.