19~First impressions

I woke up to the sound of Tyler's alarm going off. I groan, roll over, and pull the pillow over my head.

"What time is it?" I asked as he hit the snooze button.

"6:30." He said in his impossibly attractive morning voice.

I throw the pillow to the foot of the bed, and sit up. I stand up and stumble into the bathroom. I temporarily blind myself by the bright bathroom light.

Tyler staggered into the bathroom behind me. He walked over to his sink, and began brushing his teeth.

I followed suit, and brushed mine.

~~~

We pulled into the player parking garage at the AAC after being allowed down by the guard.

There was a man standing near the entrance talking to a rather tall guy. He looked up, and ran up to the stopped vehicle. "You must be Tyler Seguin."

Tyler nodded. "That would be me."

The man extended his hand through the window. "I'm Collin. I valet for the Stars. Just hop out here, and I'll park your car. I'll pull it up once you come out after practice. I even do this for games."

Tyler nodded. "Well, thank you Collin. Oh, and this is my girlfriend, Braelynn."

Collin smiled at me. "Nice to meet you, Braelynn." He runs over to my side of the jeep, and helps me out. "Do y'all know where to go?" Collin asks as he closes the door for me.

I look over at Tyler, wondering if he had the answer. "No sir, I do not." Tyler says as he walks over to Collin with his keys in hand.

Collin accepts the keys from Tyler and points up past a ramp. "You're going to go up that ramp, and once you ovuo tbere, there will be two different ways to go. To the right is the locker rooms, and to the left is the visiting players locker rooms and the Zamboni enterance. Braelynn, you're going to go to the left and just go right on up the stairs by the Zambonis. Tyler, you'll see where he locker room is. They will have the black mats outside of it leading to the tunnel."

Tyler nods and thanks Collin and was set off towards the building hand in hand.

Tyler stops once we come to a split that Collin mentioned. "I've gotta go meet the guys in the locker room." Tyler said in a sad tone as he let go of my hand. "I'll see you after practice."

I nod and head in the direction that Collin said to go. Soon enough I found my way to the Zamboni entrance, and climbed the stairs on the left side to find a seat. I was greeted by other wives and girlfriends of the Stars once I saw them. The Stars where already out on the ice and warming up for practice. I spotted Tyler immediately, and flipped my eyes from him to Jamie.

Apparently, Jamie was the hot shot of the Stars and was practically becoming the new face of the Stars after a veteran player, Mike Modano, retired a few years ago. He was the player who was given the honor of having the C over his heart.

I huffed as I seated myself in a seat closest to the ice. The coach was talking to them on the ice, but not loud enough for me to hear. They all split up into lines and began drills. Tyler was put in line to take slap shots to the net. First, he had to get the puck past Kari Lehtonen. He was an amazing goal tender, and it wasn't easy putting pucks past him.

The wives and girlfriends all were talking and would occasionally look up to watch their boys play. A lady who was around my height with short blonde hair smiled at me. "You must be Tyler's girlfriend. Braelynn, right?"

I smile back and nod. "That's me."

The lady nods. "I'm Abbe. Kari is my husband."

I look back at the netmider as he grabs the water bottle and sprays water on his face. I turn back to her and laugh a bit. "It's nice meeting you." I say as I shake her hand.