5~The beginning

"Hey Tyler, this is Braelynn."

"You finally decided to call." Tyler was getting antsy about her calling.

"Yeah. I had to help my mom out with the horses, and I had to pick Bo up from the airport." I laughed a little bit. "I would've called.."

"No, it's fine. I understand. I can be busy too, sometimes." Tyler cut in, not trying to be rude. "Listen, I don't know what happened back there after practice, but to me it felt right.. And I was thinking maybe we could go on a date sometime?"

I had to hold back my screaming. I was freaking out, and didn't know what to say. "I would love to go on a date with you." I halfheartedly regretted saying that a second later. What's Bo gonna think? I think I just dug my self into a deeper hole.

"When are we going, and what should I wear?" I asked.

"How does tonight around 6:30 sound? And just wear your normal clothes. You don't have to dress up to look beautiful." Tyler responded, trying to be as flirty as possible.

I blushed, then let out a giggle. "Tonight sounds good. I'll see you then." I try to respond without sounding gitty.

~~~

I'm applying last minute makeup when I hear a knock on the door. "I'll get it mom!" I yell from upstairs.

I bounded down the stairs, and took a breath before opening the front door, revealing Tyler's perfect self. "Hi."

Tyler looked me up and down. "I told you that you didn't have to dress up."

I looked down at what I was wearing. My favorite, cute floral patterned summer dress."What are you talking about? This isn't dressed up to me."

Tyler laughed. "It's a dress. That's not exactly everyday clothes."

I rolled my eyes. "Do you wanna get going?"

Tyler nodded. "Yeah. I do."

I walked out the door, and closed it behind me. I followed Tyler to his jeep, and he opened the door for me. I sat down in the jeep and said thank you.

As soon as he was in and we were both buckled up, he pulled out of the driveway, and drove to the surprise destination.

~~~

I peered up at the lights of the tall buildings in Austin. My favorite was a tannish, orangish colored building shaped like a pyramid.

Tyler pulled into a parking lot close to the restaurant, and hopped out to run to my side and let me out.

I stepped out of the lifted jeep, and glanced towards a restaurant. "You're quiet the gentleman."

Tyler smiled. "I try to be." He gave me a cocky smile.

~~~

Once we walked around a bit, we found ourself at the restaurant.

The hostess standing behind the stand looked up from the restaurant's layout. "Right this way." She said spinning around and leading us to an empty table for two. She placed the menus in front of us as we sat down.

I open up my menu, and can't help but notice Tyler eyeing me over the top of the menu.

"Can I help you?" I asked right as the waiter shows up.

"Hello. My name is Brock, and I will be your waiter today. What drinks would you like?" Brock, the waiter, questioned.

Tyler set his menu down looking at me, making me assume he wanted me to go first.

"Um.. Can I please have a sweet tea?" I asked looking away from Tyler to the waiter.

Brock nodded.

"I'll take a water." Tyler said keeping his eyes on me.

Brock walked off to retrieve our drinks.

~~~

Brock returned with our drinks, and pulled out a notepad. "What would y'all like to eat?"

I looked at the menu again. "I'll take the white cheddar burger with a side salad in place of the fries."

Brock looked over at Tyler.

Tyler looked at the menu again. "I'll have what she's having." He said as he folded up the menu and handed it to Brock.

Brock nodded. "two white cheddar burgers, and salads in place of the fries. Is that it?"

We- me and Tyler- looked at each other, and he looked at the waiter and nodded.

~~~

After our food was brought, we started eating and talking about random things.

The conversation was interrupted occasionally from either of us laughing.

Tyler seemed like a good guy. I don't see why Bo thinks I shouldn't get involved with him.

~~~

After paying for dinner, Tyler lead the way to the door, and beginning our journey to the parked cars.

Once out in the jeep, Tyler looked over at me. "That was fun. Thank you for going out with me."

I smiled in return. "Tonight was fun, but there's no need to thank me."

Tyler nodded as he pulled back onto the highway to take me back home. "I don't see why you accepted this date with me, but I'm glad you did."

The rest of the car ride home was filled with small talk, and occasional laughs.

~~~

As soon as I got home, I ran upstairs, and took the dress off to prepare to take a shower.

Once out, I put on an oversized tv with pj bottoms. I put my hair up in a messy bun, and checked my phone before laying down to try to fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a bit of a chapter that's setting the stage for what's to come.

Thank you all for reading this story. It means a lot to me knowing that you all are interested in it.

Also, I love talking to people, so if you want to talk about hockey, or anything else, I'm all ears. Don't be afraid to message me or comment! :)